UFC on ESPN includes a rematch of two popular and respected veterans. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira will face Mauricio Rua in a highly anticipated UFC betting light heavyweight matchup. Above all, this is a rematch of a fight held on August 1, 2015. In that original fight between these two legends, Rua scored a three-round unanimous decision win. Correlate how that bout was selected for “Fight of the Night” honors. Rua has opened as a favorite in Saturday night’s rematch.
UFC on ESPN – Rua vs. Nogueira – Light Heavyweight Bout
|Date and Time:||Saturday, July 25, 2020, 11 p.m. ET|
|Location:||UFC Fight Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|UFC on ESPN Main Card TV Coverage:||ESPN|
UFC on ESPN Rua vs. Nogueira SBG Odds:
|Antonio Rogerio Nogueira||+160|
Mauricio Rua vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira – Light Heavyweight Bout SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, we get two of the best-known fighters in the UFC. Nogueira is seen by many gamblers as an offshore betting value. He has drawn his share of bargain hunters wanting a capable dog and a good price. Counter to that is Rua’s status of being ranked. Rua has also had his price come down to a more reasonable number. That is out of respect to Nogueira.
Mauricio Rua Profile and Record
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua is a former UFC light heavyweight champion. Additionally, he was a 2005 PRIDE middleweight Grand Prix champion. Rua is a highly decorated veteran combatant. He has won Word MMA knockout and fight of the year honor. Further, Rua was a 2005 Fighter of the Year. Rua is age 38 and has been in UFC since 2008.
- Record: 26-11-1, Country: Brazil, Height: six feet, one inch, Weight: 2005 pounds, Reach: 76 inches, Leg
- Reach: 40.5 inches, Win By KO/TKO: 81%, Submission: 4%, Decision: 15%,
- Average Fight Time: 10:54, Knockdown Average: 1.01, Significant Strikes landed per minute: 3.51,
- Significant Strikes: 52%, Absorbed per minute: 4.13, Defense: 55%, Grappling takedown average: 1.74,
- Takedown Accuracy: 42%, Takedown Defense: 46%, Submission Average: 0.29
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Profile and Record
Namely, Antonio “Minotouro” Rogerio Nogueira is an MMA betting legend. At age 44 he is best known as a past Brazilian super heavyweight champion. He has fought in numerous divisions including PRIDE. Nogueira has been in the UFC since 2009.
- Record: 23-9, Country: Brazil, Height: six feet, two inches, Weight: 205 pounds, Reach: 75 inches, Leg
- Reach: 43 inches, Win By KO/TKO: 32%, Submission: 27%, Decision: 41%,
- Average Fight Time: 9.36, Knockdown Average: 0.57, Significant Strikes landed per minute: 2.74,
- Significant Strikes: 35%, Absorbed per minute: 6.12, Defense: 60%, Grappling takedown average: 0.14,
- Takedown Accuracy: 100%, Takedown Defense: 63%, Submission Average: 0.28
Mauricio Rua Recent Form
Following a rough stretch of four losses in five-bout Rua has won four of his latest five. November 16, 2018, was a draw against Paul Craig.
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Recent Form
Late on Antonio Rogerio Nogueira has lost four of his last fights. May 11, 2019, was a knockout loss to Ryan Spann.
Mauricio Rua vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira SBG Free Pick
In this situation, Mauricio Rua has shown a better UFC betting form. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira has not inspired confidence because of his recent slump.
Rua vs. Rogerio SBG Best Bet: Mauricio Rua