The Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series UFC betting gravy train chugs along tonight giving people who bet on UFC a sneak preview of the future of the promotion.
Previously on DWTNCS…
• Kurt Holobaugh defeated Matt Bessette by KO (punch)
• Zu Anyanwu defeated Greg Rebello by KO (punch)
• Boston Salmon defeated Ricky Turcios by Decision (unanimous)
• Charles Byrd defeated Jamie Pickett by Submission (arm-triangle choke)
• Joby Sanchez defeated Manny Vazquez by Decision (unanimous)
Holobaugh sent Bessette reeling with a picture-perfect right hand at the 2:59 mark of the first round. As the good book says, the path of the righteous man is Bessette on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Our new favorite mixed martial artist Boston Salmon didn’t get the finish, but nonetheless owned Turcios and earned the UD by scores of 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28. Both Holobaugh and Salmon were awarded UFC contracts. Anyanwu, on the other hand, did not get a contract – despite, or most likely because of his pleading with White for one following his vicious knockout of Rebello at 3:04 of the second round. Next time just let the fists do the talking. Additionally, Byrd put in a submission so nasty that the latter had a seizure, while Sanchez came back from almost tapping out to wrestling Vazquez to a decision loss. Oh, and Snoop Dogg lit up the joint – and we’re not talking about the UFC Training Centre in Las Vegas.
DWTNCS Week 2 card with offshore sportsbook UFC betting odds:
• Angel DeAnda 2½ (-170) +200 vs. Dan Spohn 2½ (+150) -240
• Alfred Khashakyan 1½ (-170) +215 vs. Sean O’Malley 1½ (+150) -255
• Thanh Le 1½ (-150) -145 vs. Lazar Stojadinovic 1½ (+130) +125
• Michael Cora 1½ (-175) +155 vs. Sidney Outlaw 1½ (+155) -175
• Casey Kenney 2½ (-240) EV vs. Cee Jay Hamilton 2½ (+200) -120
We don’t know about people who bet on UFC, but our money is on Sidney Outlaw (and modesty aside, we did call Boston Salmon last week). As E. Spencer Kyte writes on UFC.com, this dude’s name “just sounds made for mixed martial arts.” UFC fans might be more familiar with other names, though, such as Dan Spohn who knocked out Tyler King in ten seconds to join the Ultimate Fighter 19 – which White called “probably the nastiest” KO he had borne witness to in the history of the show – or Thahn Lee, who appeared on The Ultimate Fighter 22 under the tutorship of Urijah Faber. But don’t let that give you the impression that TUF is a requisite to get in to DWTNCS. Take Michael Cora for instance; he failed his audition to join The Ultimate Fighter 26 – mostly because he lacks a Y chromosome – but that led to his meeting White and the rest, as they say, it’s history. Which just comes to show that when it comes to UFC betting, anything is possible. Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series Week 2 will be broadcast on UFC Fight Pass.