At the beginning of the season, Ohio State was touted as a top tier challenger to Michigan State in the Big Ten. Head coach Chris Holtmann has methodically, but quickly built his program up with strong recruiting. Six of his eight top scorers have returned for what could be a banner season in Columbus. In the same way, Villanova is a strong betting on CBB‘s favorite top contend for the Big East title and Final Four. Head coach Jay Wright is in the conversation as the best in the business. Specifically, national championships in 2016 and 2018 made a mark.
Villanova Wildcats vs. Ohio State Buckeyes
|Date and Time:||Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 7 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Value City Arena, Columbus, Ohio|
|Villanova vs. Ohio State TV Coverage:||FS1|
|Villanova vs. Ohio State CBB odds at SBG:||Click Here|
Villanova Wildcats vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Overview
Villanova has a sports betting record of 1-0 both straight up and against the line with one over. First game impressions were strong with a 97-54 payout at home over Army. Jeremiah Robison Earl topped all with 24 points and 13 rebounds in the win.
In the same way, Ohio State is 1-0 both straight up and with the odds with an under. OSU is coming off a 64-56 home payout over Cincinnati. Namely, it was forward Kyle Young’s 13 rebounds and 14 points that made the difference. Young is potentially one of the top players in the Big Ten.
Key Wildcats: F Jeremiah Robinson Earl (24.0 PTS, 13.0 REB, 64.3% FG, 100% FT), F Saddiq Bey (22.0 PTS, 5.0 REB, 64.3% FG, 66.7% FT, 40% 3P), F Cole Swider (18.0 PTS, 6.0 REB, 66.7% FG, 100% FT, 66.7% 3P), G Collin Gillespie (11.0 PTS, 4.0 AST, 27.3% FG, 100% FT, 42.9% 3P)
Key Buckeyes: F Kyle Young (14.0 PTS, 85.7% FG, 50% FT), G DJ Carton (9.0 PTS, 5.0 REB, 60% FG, 66.7% FT, 50% 3P), G CJ Walker (8.0 PTS, 16.7% FG, 100% FT), F Kaleb Wesson (8.0 PTS, 11.0 REB, 42.9% FG, 66.7% 3P)
Villanova vs. Ohio State Against the spread
The Wildcats are:
- 7-10 against the spread in their last 17 road games
- 8-4 over the total in their last 12 matchups away from home
- 3-10 vs. the odds in their last 13 games as road chalks
- 5-3 over the total laying points away from home
- In their only previous meeting against Ohio State, Nova is 1-0 vs. the odds
- The Wildcats went over the total in their only previous meeting with OSU
The Buckeyes are:
- 4-12 against the spread in their last 16 games at Value City Arena
- 7-3 over the total when playing at home
- 8-12 vs. the line as a home dog
- 6-2 over the total getting points at Value City Arena
- In their only game against Villanova, the Buckeyes are 1-0 straight up
Villanova Wildcats vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Bet on CBB Picks
On the whole, Villanova could be a strong betting on CBB value as the road team. As was previously noted Ohio State has not been a good wagering value at home. Most important of all Villanova is a proven notch above.
Villanova vs. Ohio State Bet on CBB Pick: Villanova Wildcats
Villanova vs. Ohio State Bet on CBB Score Prediction: Villanova 80, Ohio State 72