In view of Alain Vigneault taking over this year as coach of the Flyers have things changed dramatically. Immediately after the opening press conference, Philadelphia was tabbed as a likely playoff team. To illuminate, the Flyers have a precarious hold on the final Eastern Conference playoff spot. Contrarily the Blues are the defending Stanley Cup champions. The great NHL betting irony is that St. Louis has a far better record than they did one year ago. Last year they shocked the world with a surprise title. This year the Blues are expected to win if not repeat.
Philadelphia Flyers vs. St. Louis Blues
|Date and Time:||Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 8 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Enterprise Center, St. Louis, Missouri|
|Flyers vs. Blues TV Coverage:||NBCSN|
|Flyers vs. Blues NHL Betting Online Odds at SBG:||Click Here|
Philadelphia Flyers vs. St. Louis Blues Overview
St. Louis has a sports betting record of 29-10-4-3 with 23-23 on totals. Late on the Blues are in good form with seven wins in their last 10 games. NHL metrics have the Blues ranked 12th for goal scoring, fourth for the power play, fifth for goals against, and 12th for penalty killing.
By contrast, the Flyers are 23-16-1-5 with 23-21 over the total. Philadelphia has lost six of its last eight games. Overall the Flyers rank 14th for goals scored, 18th for the power play, 13th for goals against, and 11th for penalty killing. Alain Vigneault’s team holds the final Eastern Conference playoff spot.
Key Flyers: G Travis Konecny (14 G, 24 A, 38 PTS, -1, 2 PPG, 11 PPA, 14.4 SPCT), C Sean Couturier (12 G, 24 A, 36 PTS, +11, 2 PPG, 6 PPA, 10.4 SPCT), Ivan Provorov (9 G, 15 A, 24 PTS, +2, 6 PPG, 7 PPA, 9.0 SPCT), G Carter Hart (14-11-3, 2.53 GAA, .908 SVPCT, 1 SO)
Key Blues: LW David Perron (20 G, 26 A, 46 PTS, +0, 8 PPG, 16 PPA, 18.2 SPCT), D Alex Pietrangelo (12 G, 25 A, 37 PTS, +11, 5 PPG, 13 PPA, 8.2 SPCT)
G Jordan Binnington (22-7-4, 2.47 GAA, .917 SVPCT, 1 SO)
Philadelphia and St. Louis Against the Spread
The Flyers are:
- 2-8 vs. the spread in their last 10 away games
- 7-1 over the total on-road ice
- 5-13 on the board in their last 18 games at Central Division teams
- 7-13 under the total when playing on the road vs. the Central Division
- 2-6 vs. the odds in their last eight games at St. Louis
- 3-5 under the total on the road vs. the Blues
The Blues are:
- 14-4 with the odds in their last 18 home games
- 7-3 over the total at Enterprise Center
- 9-6 vs. the number head to head against Philadelphia
- 5-3 over the total in their series with the Flyers
- 6-4 on the board at home against Metropolitan Division teams
- 6-1 over the total when hosting Metropolitan Division opponents
Philadelphia Flyers vs. St. Louis Blues NHL Betting Pick
As has been noted the Flyers have been terrible NHL betting values on the road and at St. Louis. Furthermore, the Blues have cranked cash at the Enterprise Center. St. Louis has more advantages with its back end and goaltending.
Flyers vs. Blues NHL Betting Pick: St. Louis Blues
Flyers vs. Blues NHL Betting Score Prediction: Blues 4, Flyers 2