Following their 2018 Stanley Cup championship the Capitals suffered from a season-long hangover. In 2019-19 Washington failed to play the 200-foot game that won them their first-ever title. So far this year the Caps are showing much better. Goal scoring and special teams have been the key to their NHL betting Success. By contrast, the New York Rangers are going through the pains of a full-blown rebuild. Blueline play remains the culprit in the Broadway Blueshirts struggles this year. New York has shown great promise on the attack, but that leaky back end offsets it.
Washington Capitals vs. New York Rangers
|Date and Time:||Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 8 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Madison Square Garden, New York|
|Capitals vs. Rangers TV Coverage:||NBCSN|
|Capitals vs. Rangers NHL Betting Online Odds at SBG:||Click Here|
Washington Capitals vs. New York Rangers Overview
Washington has an online wagering record of 15-3-3-1 with only seven games under the total. As a result, the Capitals lead the Metropolitan Division. Washington has NHL Metrics of second for goal scoring, sixth for the power play, 18th for goals against and eighth for the penalty kill.
Counter to that is a Rangers mark of 8-8-1-1 with 9-9 on totals. The Rangers rank ninth for goals scored, 11th for the power play, 29th for goals against and 26th for the penalty kill.
Key Capitals: D John Carlson (8 G, 24 A, 32 PTS, +14, 2 PPG, 8 PPA, 12.1% SPCT), LW Alex Ovechkin (14 G, 10 A, 24 PTS, -4, 6 PPG, 2 PPA, 13.0% SPCT), C Evgeny Kuznetsov (9 G, 11 A, 20 PTS, +9, 1 PPG, 4 PPA, 18.0% SPCT), G Braden Holtby (10-1-3, 2.97 GAA, .904 SV%) G Ilya Samsonov (5-2-1, 2.65 GAA, .912 SV%)
Key Rangers: LW Artemi Panarin (9 G, 14 A, 23 PTS, +9, 3 PPG, 3 PPA, 15.8% SPCT), C Ryan Stone (6 G, 12 A, 18 PTS, +9, 1 PPG, 4 PPA, 20.0% SPCT), D Tony DeAngelo (6 G, 9 A, -1, 2 PPG, 4 PPA, 16.7% SPCT), G Henrik Lundqvist (4-4-1, 3.54 GAA, .905 SV%), G Alexandar Georgiev (4-4-1, 3.22 GAA, .906 SV%)
Washington and New York against the Spread
The Capitals are:
- 9-2 in their last 11 games on road ice
- 7-2 over the total on the road
- 6-2 in their last eight games vs. the Rangers at Madison Square Garden
- 1-4-1 under the total in away games vs. New York
- 12-5 on the road against Metropolitan Division opponents
- 1-6 under the total at Metropolitan Division teams
The Rangers are:
- 4-3 in their last seven games at Madison Square Garden
- 4-3 over the total at home
- 1-9 in their last 10 head to head games with the Capitals
- 4-1 over the total when facing Washington
- 5-12 at Madison Square Garden vs. Metropolitan Division teams
- 2-5-1 under the total when hosting Metropolitan Division opponents
Washington Capitals vs. New York Rangers NHL Betting Pick
As mentioned earlier the Caps have been a strong NHL betting value on the road and at the Rangers. The matchup of the high-octane Washington attack against the weak New York back end is not promising for New York.
Capitals vs. Rangers NHL Betting Pick: Washington Capitals
Capitals vs. Ranges NHL Betting Score Prediction: Capitals 4, Rangers 2