At the onset of the season, the 49ers were an afterthought. San Francisco was considered far below the Rams and Seahawks in the NFC West. All of which makes their undefeated start more satisfying. Unlike the injury-riddled 2018 season head coach Kyle Shanahan has all the necessary weapons. And a defense that is tough as nails. The 49ers’ success is not an NFL betting accident. In the same way, the Panthers are one of the hottest teams in the NFL. Carolina will enter San Francisco riding a four-game winning streak. This is the weekend’s top matchup.
Carolina Panthers vs. San Francisco 49ers
|Date and Time:||Sunday, October 27, 2019, 4:05 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California|
|Panthers vs. 49ers TV Coverage:||FOX|
Carolina Panthers vs. San Francisco 49ers Overview
Carolina has an online betting record of 4-2 both straight up and vs. the line with four overs. Last week the Panthers got the money in a 37-26 win at Tampa Bay. Carolina ranks fifth in the NFL for scoring offense and 12th for total defense.
By contrast, the 49ers are 6-0 straight up, 4-2 against the spread, and 1-5 under the total. San Francisco is coming off a 9-0 win in a monsoon at Washington. Overall the 49ers rank seventh in the NFL for total offense and second for defense.
Key Panthers: QB Kyle Allen (65.6% COMP, 901 YDS, 7.4 AVG, 7 TD, 0 INT, 10 SACK, 106.6 RTG), RB Christian McCaffrey (127 ATT, 618 YDS, 4.9 AVG, 7 TD, 35 REC, 305 YDS, 8.7 AVG, 2 TD, 35 REC, 305 YDS, 8.7 AVG, 2 TD), WR DJ Moore (33 REC, 425 YDS, 12.9 AVG, 1 TD), PK Joey Slye (13-18 FG, 17-18 XP)
Key 49ers: QB Jimmy Garoppolo (68% COMP, 1414 YDS, 7.9 AVG, 7 TD, 6 INT, 89 SACK, 90.8 RTG), RB Matt Breida (73 ATT, 411 YDS, 5.6 AVG, 1 TD), TE George Kittle (34 REC, 376 YDS, 11.1 AVG, 1 TD), PK Robbie Gould (12-19 FG, 16-16 XP), Dee Ford (4.5 SACKS)
Carolina and San Francisco against the Spread
The Panthers are:
- 5-4 against the spread in their last nine away games
- 4-6 under the total on the road
- 4-1-2 vs. the line when playing at the NFC West
- 2-4 under the total against NFC West teams
- 9-1 on the board in their away games at San Francisco
- 6-3 over the total head to head at the 49ers
The 49ers are:
- 4-3 against the spread in their last seven home games
- 2-6 under the total when playing at home
- 1-5 vs, the odds when hosting a team from the NFC South
- 9-4 over the total at home against the NFC South
- 2-14 on the board in their head to head series with Carolina
- 5-3 over the total when playing against the Panthers
Carolina Panthers vs. San Francisco 49ers NFL Betting Pick
As was previously noted the Panthers have had a long NFL betting advantage vs. San Francisco. Additionally, Kyle Allen is looking like an upgrade at quarterback in place of the injured Cam Newton.
Panthers vs. 49ers NFL Betting Pick: Carolina Panthers
Panthers vs. 49ers NFL Betting Score Prediction: Panthers 21, 49ers 20