Despite the fact that NFL MVP QB Patrick Mahomes was out the Chiefs rallied to beat Minnesota last week. Two late Harrison Butker field goals sparked one of the most exciting wins in team history. Mahomes is day to day and could go on Sunday. Otherwise, third-stringer Matt Moore will remain under center. Moore has clearly exceeded expectations. But there is no substitute for Mahomes. By contrast, Tennessee has not solved its quarterback woes. The Titans remain an unreliable NFL bets value. The once-promising career of Marcus Mariota is on the rocks. Ryan Tannehill isn’t a difference-maker.
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tennessee Titans
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tennessee Titans Overview
Tennessee has a sports betting record of 4-5 straight up, 3-5-1 vs. the line and 4-5 under the total. Last week the Titans lost at Carolina 20-30. Tennessee ranks 26th in the NFL for total and scoring offense. On the other hand, the Titans rank seventh for points allowed.
Now Kansas City is 6-3 straight up, 5-4 vs. the line and 6-3 over the total. The Chiefs 26-23 home payout over Minnesota showed tremendous character. Overall KC ranks sixth for scoring offense and 18th for points allowed.
Key Chiefs: QB Patrick Mahomes (65.1% COMP, 2180 YDS, 9.0 AVG, 15 TD, 1 INT, 8 SACK, 113.1 RTG), QB Matt Moore (64.8% COMP, 659 YDS, 7.2 AVG, 4 TD, 0 INT, 100.9 RTG), RB LeSean McCoy (72 ATT, 371 YDS, 5.2 AVG, 2 TD), TE Travis Kelce (49 REC, 666 YDS, 13.6 AVG, 2 TD), DE Emmanuel Ogbah (29 TACKLES, 4.5 SACKS), PK Harrison Butker (19-22 FG, 27-28 XP)
Key Titans: Ryan Tannehill (71.8% COMP, 980 YDS, 8.4 AVG, 6 TD, 4 INT, 13 SACK, 99.7 RTG), RB Derrick Henry (164 ATT, 644 YDS, 3.9 AVG, 6 TD), WR AJ Brown (26 REC, 429 YDS, 16.5 AVG, 3 TD), CB Logan Ryan (61 TACKLES,M 3.5 SACKS), PK Ryan Succop (0-3 FG, 2-2 XP)
Kansas City and Tennessee Against the Spread
The Chiefs Are:
- 9-3-1 against the spread in their last 13 away games
- 11-3 over the total on the road
- 5-2 on the board at Tennessee
- 4-1 over the total in road games with the Titans
- 11-3 vs. the odds on the road against AFC South teams
- 7-4 over the total at the AFC South
The Titans Are:
- 3-5 against the spread in their last eight home games
- 6-2 over the total at Nissan Stadium
- 5-2 on the board in their head to head series with the Chiefs
- 5-3 over the total in their last eight games vs. Kansas City
- 3-12-1 vs. the line when hosting AFC West teams
- 2-5-1 under the total at home vs. the AFC West
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tennessee Titans NFL Bets Picks
In this situation, we have the much more dynamic Chiefs against a one-dimensional Titans team. As was previously noted KC has been a strong NFL Bets value on the road. The Titans are a poor play at home and lack firepower.
Chiefs vs. Titans NFL Bet Pick: Kansas City Chiefs
Chiefs vs. Titans NFL Bets Score Prediction: Chiefs 27, Titans 20