Last year New England and Houston were playoff-bound teams. And with quarterbacks that were considered to be top tier. Of course, Tom Brady has departed New England. While Deshaun Watson remains in Houston. After he was locked in with a record-setting contract. Watson’s problem is that he lacks a supporting cast. As good he is, Watson can’t carry Houston alone. New England has the same problems from 2019. The Patriots lack playmakers that can bust games wide open. Correlate Tom Brady covered those issues up. By contrast, Cam Newton hasn’t been up to that NFL betting level.
New England Patriots vs Houston Texans NFL Week 11 Betting Information
|Date and Time:||Sunday, November 22, 1 p.m. ET|
|Location:||NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas|
|Patriots at Texans TV Coverage:||CBS|
New England Patriots at Houston Texans SBG Odds Overview
Houston will be a difficult offshore bookmaker sell. Counter to that is a public impressed with New England’s resurgence.
New England Patriots Team Overview
Last Sunday Night the Patriots got their second win in a row. New England scored a 23-17 win over Baltimore as 7-point home dogs. Under the total of 44 was a winner as well. Now the Patriots are 4-5 both straight up and against the spread with 4-5 under the total. Overall, the Patriots rank 19th for total offense and 27th for scoring. Defensively they are 13th in the NFL and 11th for points allowed. Namely, Damien Harris was the hero in the Patriots’ win over Baltimore. Harris ran for 121 yards on 22 carries.
Houston Texans Team Overview
The Texans are coming off a 10-7 loss at Cleveland as 4.5-point road dogs. Also was under a total of 46.5 a winning ticket. Houston is 2-7 straight up and against the spread with 5-4 over the total. The Texans rank 20th for total offense and 25th for scoring. On defense, they’re 28th overall and 25th for points allowed. Deshaun Watson has carried whatever Houston success has occurred in 2020. To show Watson has a 107.0 rating with 18 touchdown passes and five interceptions. He simply bears too much of the burden.
New England Patriots at Houston Texans Against the Spread
The Patriots are:
- 23-20-1 against the spread in all games
- On the road 10-11 on the board
- In AFC games 16-16-1
- 18-26 under the total
- On the road 10-11 to the under
- In AFC matchups 15-18 under the total
The Texans are:
- Covers in just 16 of their last 43 matchups
- 8-14 against the line in home games
- Against AFC opponents 14-18-1 on the board
- Under the total in 23 of their last 43 games
- At home 8-14 to the under
- In AFC matchups 14-19 under the total
- New England has covered the spread in eight of their last 11 games against the Texans
- Three of the last four meetings between these teams have gone over the total
- Covered two of their last three home games against the Patriots
- Four of the last five games in this series at Houston have gone over the total
New England Patriots at Houston Texans at SBG Free Picks
As mentioned earlier the Texans have been an unreliable NFL betting play. Following a rough stretch, the Patriots have come back to life. Houston has an interim coach with nothing to play for.
Patriots at Texans SBG Best Bet: New England Patriots.