Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Accordingly, the Giants turned to New England for their new head coach. Patriots special teams coach Joe Judge arrives at New York. Judge takes over a team with one winning season in the last seven. But he also inherits one of the most promising young quarterbacks in the NFL. Daniel Jones exceeded NFL betting expectations as a 2019 rookie. Judge is charged with bringing a Bill Belichick blueprint to the Giants. Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin is out of excuses. Specifically, Tomlin is under pressure to deliver with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger back.
Pittsburgh Steelers at New York Giants
|Date and Time:||Monday, September 14, 2020, 7:15 p.m. ET|
|Location:||MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey|
|Steelers vs. Giants TV Coverage:||ESPN|
Pittsburgh Steelers at New York Giants SBG Odds Overview
To be exact the Giants could be getting an enhanced online betting price here. Squares are flocking to the name brand Steelers. Pittsburgh still has the public image of a winning franchise. Especially when compared to the Giants. New York sets up well as a classic contrarian Monday Night home dog pick.
Pittsburgh Steelers Team Overview
Ben Roethlisberger missing 2019 to injury gave the Steelers an alibi. Now that is gone with Big Ben’s return. Pittsburgh is owned by the patient Rooney family. Only three coaches have led the Steelers since 1969. But another year out of the playoffs will make things uncomfortable for all.
New York Giants Team Overview
Of major concern is the horrible track record of the Belichick coaching tree. New England’s success rarely translates to other franchises. Compared to the other Belichick assistants Judge brings youthful enthusiasm. With 1000-yard back Saquon Barkley, Judge inherits a diversified attack. Jones and Golden Tate are a potentially prolific passing combination.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Giants Against the Spread
The Steelers are:
- 10-3 against the spread when on the road at NFC teams
- 2-5 under the total at NFC teams
- 2-7-2 on the board in their last 11 games as a road favorite
- 1-6 under the total laying points on the road
- 3-6 with the odds in their last nine September road games
- 1-4 under the total in September away action
- 2-0 with the number in their last two games against New York
- 0-3 under the total head to head with the Giants
The Giants are:
- 1-10 against the spread as a home dog
- 3-4 under the total when getting points at home
- 2-7 vs. the odds in September home games
- 1-6 under the total in their last seven September home games
- 2-4 on the board at home against the AFC
- 2-5 under the total when hosting the AFC
- 0-2 vs. the line when hosting the Steelers
- 1-2 under the total head to head at home with Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Steelers at New York Giants SBG Free Picks
If ever the Giants would figure to bring their best NFL betting effort it’s here. Fashion that the Judge era begins with New York as of Monday night home dogs. As mentioned earlier Pittsburgh has gushed red ink as road chalks. Upset alert time!
Steelers at Giants SBG Best Bet: New York Giants