Lost in the memory of many gamblers is that the Ravens were 2019 AFC top seed. Baltimore’s playoff Pro Football betting loss to Tennessee was a shocker. However, it was not a portent of things to come. Baltimore steamrolled to a week one win over the Browns. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson was in his 2019 NFL most valuable player form. Baltimore remains the top AFC challenger to the Chiefs. Houston was not in playoff form in a week one loss at Kansas City. To be exact the Texans were exposed as nowhere near ready for prime time.
Baltimore Ravens vs. Houston Texans NFL Week 2 Info
|Date and Time:||Sunday, September 20, 2020, 4:25 p.m. ET|
|Location:||NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas|
|Ravens vs. Texans TV Coverage:||CBS|
Baltimore Ravens at Houston Texans SBG Odds Overview
So far, the sports betting line has moved one point towards Baltimore. And it’s understandable as to why that is. Houston was putrid in their loss at the Chiefs. Counter to that was a powerful Ravens performance. Baltimore is certainly carrying a heavy road chalk price. Bargain hunters will give the Texans a hard look. Such as square money is flowing to the Ravens.
Baltimore Ravens Team Overview
Last week the Ravens destroyed the Browns 38-6 as 7-point home favorites. Under the total of 47 paid too. Jackson passed for 275 yards and three touchdowns. Also, did Jackson have a team-best 45 yards rushing? Cleveland committed three turnovers against the Ravens.
Houston Texans Team Overview
The first-week action saw the Texans lose at Kansas City 34-20 as 9.5-point dogs. Over a total of 53.5 snuck through. Kansas City jumped out to a 31-7 lead. And then called off the dogs. Houston blew a 24-0 playoff lead at KC last season. Hence, they are yet to live that down. Coach Bill O’Brien’s reactive offseason moves are unproven.
Baltimore Ravens and Houston Texans vs. the Line
The Ravens are:
- 4-11-1 against the spread at the AFC South
- 3-7-1 under the total in away games vs. AFC South opponents
- 5-7 on the board in their last 12 September away games
- 5-3 over the total on the road in September 15, 2020
- 8-3-1 covers in their last 12 as a road favorite
- 5-2 over the total laying points on the road
- 0-2 versus the odds at Houston
- 4-1 over the total in away games with the Texans
The Texans are:
- 8-3 against the spread in their last 11 home games with the AFC North
- 1-6 under the total in their last seven home tilts against AFC North teams
- 4-2 with the odds in their last six games with the Ravens
- 1-5-1 under the total in their head to head series with Baltimore
- 3-5 on the board in September home action
- 2-8 under the total in their last 10 September home games
- 4-10 versus the line as a home dog
- 4-1 over the total getting points at home
Baltimore Ravens vs. Houston Texans SBG Free Picks
In this situation, the Ravens are the obvious Football betting choice. And that is the problem. As was previously noted the Texans have been the better value in this series. Above all Houston fades the public. Contrarian calls often work against the obvious.
Ravens vs. Texans SBG Best Bet: Houston Texans