Week one was the highly anticipated debut of two individuals and teams. Namely, Matt Rhule and Tom Brady had considerable NFL betting attention laid upon them. Rhule coached his first game for the Carolina Panthers. Meanwhile, Brady started his first game as Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback. Neither man was successful. Carolina’s loss was no shocker. By contrast, the Buccaneers’ defeat at New Orleans was seen as catastrophic. Brady was so bad that coach Bruce Arians publicly called him out. New Orleans exposed Tampa Bay as not ready for prime time. Or for that matter an NFC playoff berth.
Carolina Panthers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
|Date and Time:||Sunday, September 20, 2020, 1 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida|
|Panthers vs. Buccaneers TV Coverage:||FOX|
Carolina Panthers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, there hasn’t been much in the way of online betting action on this matchup. Tampa Bay went up one point since wagering started. Carolina has been exposed to the rebuilding team that they are. Counter to that is a Buccaneers team seen as wannabes. Further, the masses are beginning to wonder if Brady is washed up. NFL quarterbacks are rarely 43 years old. Oakland’s George Blanda held such distinction in the early 1970s. Squares will lean Tampa Bay. However, its more of a bet against the Panthers. Sharps may shop Carolina for that reason.
Carolina Panthers Team Overview
Last week the Panthers lost to the Raiders 34-30 as 3-point home dogs. Carolina held a late lead but failed to close. Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater threw for 22 of 34 with 270 yards and a touchdown.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Overview
The first-week action saw the Buccaneers lose at New Orleans 34-23. Tampa Bay was a 4-point dog. And the game went over the total of 48.5. Brady failed to deliver with a 78.4 QB rating and two interceptions. Also was the GOAT sacked three times?
Carolina Panthers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the Line
The Panthers are:
- 6-4 against the spread in September away games
- 6-4 over the total on the September road
- 7-12 vs. the odds as a road dog
- 6-3 over the total getting points on the road
- 6-5 on the board at the NFC South
- 6-1 over the total in their last seven games at NFC South rivals
- 6-1 with the number at Tampa Bay
- 4-2 over the total head to head at the Buccaneers
The Buccaneers are:
- 2-8 against the spread at home in September games
- 5-2 over the total in September home matchups
- 4-16 versus the line as a home favorite
- 5-4 over the total in their last nine games as home chalk
- 7-11 on the board when hosting NFC South rivals
- 5-2 over the total at home against the NFC South
- 5-9 with the number in their last 14 games with Carolina
- 2-6 under the total head to head with the Panthers
Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers SBG Free Picks
As was previously noted the Panthers are good NFL betting road dog values. Accordingly, the Buccaneers gush red ink at home versus Carolina. And in September. Carolina already has an extra point in their pocket from the masses.
Panthers vs. Buccaneers SBG Best Bet: Carolina Panthers