Last week the Vikings had a much-needed bye. An NFL bets season sold as a big one has already crashed and burned. Quarterback Kirk Cousins has confirmed he’s not the man to take the Vikings to the Super Bowl. Minnesota coach Mike Zimmer gets plenty of blame. But he didn’t remake the roster. Instead, that would be general manager Rick Spielman. Now comes a tough game against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Green Bay has rekindled its offensive magic with second-year coach Matt LaFleur. Still inconsistent is a defense that can at times be lit up.
Minnesota Vikings vs Green Bay Packers NFL Week 8 Betting Information
|Date and Time:||Sunday, November 1, 2020, 1 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin|
|Vikings at Packers TV Coverage:||FOX|
Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers SBG Odds Overview
In this situation, the Packers are the much more appealing offshore bookmaker choice. Reeling Minnesota is being deserted by the masses.
Minnesota Vikings Team Overview
Minnesota’s bye followed a 40-23 loss to Atlanta as 3.5-point home favorites. So too did over the total of 53.5 also cash in. Minnesota is 1-5 straight up, 3-3 against the spread, and 4-2 over the total. Offensively the Vikings rank 17th for scoring and 30th for points allowed. On the whole quarterback, Kirk Cousins is regressing in this third year in Minnesota. Cousins has a rating of 88.2 with 11 touchdown passes. Of great concern are 10 interceptions and 14 sacks.
Green Bay Packers Team Overview
Sunday the Packers took their anger out on the Houston Texans. Green Bay won 35-20 as 2.5-point road favorites with the game going under 55.5. Consider the Packers were coming off a terrible loss at Tampa Bay. As a consequence, they were motivated to show well in their next game. Aaron Rodgers was in Hall of Fame form with four touchdowns passes. Davante Adams caught a whopping 13 passes for 196 yards and two touchdowns. Meanwhile, the Packers defense came up with three sacks and a turnover.
As a result of the win, the Packers are 5-1 straight up and against the spread with 3-3 on totals. Green Bay ranks second for scoring offense and 19th for points allowed.
Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers Against the Spread
The Vikings Are:
- Only 17 losses to the odds in their last 38 games
- 11-10 vs. the line in away games
- 6-7 against the spread vs. NFC North rivals
- 19-21 under the total overall
- 5-8 under the total against the NFC North
- 10-11 under the number on the road
- 1-4 on the board head to head with Green Bay
- 2-5 under the total at Lambeau Field against the Packers
The Packers Are:
- Just 17 losses in their last 38 games to the line
- 12-7 against the spread at Lambeau Field
- 17-20 under the total in their last 37 games
- 5-9 under the total vs. NFC North rivals
- 9-10 under the total at Lambeau Field
- 3-1 vs. the line when hosting the Vikings
- 1-2 under the total at Lambeau Field against Minnesota
Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers SBG Free Picks
As was previously noted the Packers control this NFL Bets series. Green Bay is in much better form.
Vikings at Packers SBG Best Bet: Green Bay Packers