Namely Seahawks coach Pete Carroll will never live down the end of the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots. From the one-yard line, Pete got cute. Counter to that was Bill Belichick’s brilliant defensive call to win the game. New England will come calling Sunday night at Seattle. And with that will come Carroll’s painful NFL betting memory of failure. Seattle has never returned to the Super Bowl. While the New England dynasty rolled on. Both Seattle and New England are coming off impressive wins. However, many legitimate questions remain for each team. NBC gets a marquee matchup!
New England Patriots vs. Seattle Seahawks NFL Week 2
|Date and Time:||Sunday, September 20, 2020, 8:20 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Century Link Field, Seattle, Washington|
|Patriots vs. Seahawks TV Coverage:||NBC|
New England Patriots at Seattle Seahawks SBG Odds Overview
So far sportsbook betting has been steady and even for this matchup. Each side is carrying cache with the public. And impressed squares and sharps alike last week. Specifically, Belichick is seen as a superior coach. Few field generals command such respect with gamblers. By contrast, Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson generates handle. Otherwise, there are still concerns about the Seahawks defense. Above all the lack of fans takes away from Century Link Field’s advantage. Only Kansas City’s Arrowhead Stadium compares for crowd noise.
New England Patriots Team Overview
Last week the Patriots turned the page for a new era. Cam Newton takes over as quarterback from Tom Brady. Newton led New England to a 21-11 win over Miami. To begin with, the Patriots covered as 7.5-point chalks. And the game went under 41.5. Accordingly, Newton led New England with 75 yards rushing.
Seattle Seahawks Team Overview
First week results saw a Seattle 38-25 payout in Atlanta as 1-point dogs. Over a total of 49.5 paid too. Russell Wilson threw for 322 yards and four touchdowns. His quarterback rating was 143.1. Correlate the Falcons falling behind 31-12 in the fourth quarter.
New England Patriots at Seattle Seahawks Against the Spread
The Patriots are:
- 7-2 against the spread at the NFC West
- 1-5 under the total in their last six games at the NFC West
- 11-4 on the board as road dogs
- 4-1-1 over the total getting points away from home
- 5-4 with the odds in September away games
- 1-4 under the total in road September action
- 0-2 versus the line at Seattle
- 2-0 over the total in away games vs. Seattle
The Seahawks are:
- 4-1-1 against the spread when hosting the AFC East
- 2-3 under the total in home games with AFC East teams
- 12-4 on the board at Century Link Field in September games
- 2-6 under the total in September at home
- 2-6 with the odds in their last eight as a home favorite
- 4-2 over the total laying points at home
- 3-1 versus the number against the Patriots
- 5-0 over the total head to head with New England
New England Patriots at Seattle Seahawks SBG Free Picks
As was previously noted the Patriots show good NFL betting value as road dogs. And in away games at the NFC West. Newton is clearly motivated to launch a comeback season. Of major concern remains the Seattle defense.
Patriots vs. Seahawks SBG Best Bet: New England Patriots