The power rankings have been shaken up heading into Week 9 after the Pittsburgh Steelers and New York Jets lost in NFL betting.
There is only one team remaining in the NFL that has only one loss. The New England Patriots are 6-1 and they are coming off a win and a cover against the NFL odds at SBG last week.
1. New England Patriots – The Patriots are the only team in the NFL with just one loss. They have not been overly impressive but they find ways to win.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers – The Steelers fall from the top spot in the rankings after a difficult game at New Orleans
3. New York Jets – They laid an egg last week against Green Bay. We’ll give them a pass for now against the NFL odds.
4. Baltimore Ravens – Had a bye last week.
5. Atlanta Falcons – Had a bye last week.
6. Indianapolis Colts – They still have Peyton Manning.
7. New York Giants – They also had a bye last week.
8. Houston Texans – They have a potent offense but no defense
9. Kansas City Chiefs – The Chiefs keep finding ways to win.
10. New Orleans Saints – Super Bowl champs bounced back with a win.
11. Miami Dolphins – They are 4-0 on the road and 0-3 at home.
12. Green Bay Packers – Winning at the Jets is impressive.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – It is time to give this team some respect.
14. Tennessee Titans – Get a much needed bye this week.
15. Philadelphia Eagles – Michael Vick returns as starting quarterback
16. Washington Redskins – Found a way to lose last week in NFL betting.
17. Chicago Bears – Cutler and Martz so it is tough to like the Bears.
18. Oakland Raiders – They have looked great the past two weeks.
19. St. Louis Rams – You might laugh but the Rams are .500.
20. San Diego Chargers – They finally got a much needed win last week.
21. Jacksonville Jaguars – How much credit do they get for a win vs. Dallas?
22. Seattle Seahawks – They looked like a fraud last week vs. the Raiders.
23. Minnesota Vikings – Still finding ways to lose.
24. Detroit Lions – They get better every week.
25. Cleveland Browns – The Browns had a bye last week.
26. Arizona Cardinals – A team with no quarterback
27. Cincinnati Bengals – The Bungals is what they should be called.
28. San Francisco 49ers – If they keep Troy Smith at QB they are good.
29. Denver Broncos – Team is ready to quit.
30. Carolina Panthers – Still can’t win even with Moore back.
31. Dallas Cowboys – Look how far this team has fallen.
32. Buffalo Bills – They are winless but at least they are trying.