Overall it is hard to imagine two franchises that are more consistently disappointing than the Lions and Cardinals. Detroit is the only franchise to have never made the Super Bowl. While Arizona has made Super Sunday just one time. Each team has limited NFL betting expectations for the 2019 season. In particular the Cardinals reached rock bottom last year finishing 3-13. New head coach Kliff Kingsbury brings his air raid offense to the desert. And a losing record as a failed college coach at Texas Tech. For Detroit it’s been more of the same losing for over 50 years.
Detroit Lions vs. Arizona Cardinals
|Date and Time:||Sunday, September 8, 2019, 4:25 p.m. ET|
|Location:||State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona|
|Lions vs. Cardinals TV Coverage:||FOX|
Arizona Cardinals Overview
Arizona has a new franchise quarterback for the second consecutive season. Last year’s Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray arrives as the latest Cardinals savior. Just one year ago it was Josh Rosen who was heralded as the Arizona Chosen One. Rosen flamed out with a terrible supporting cast and was banished to Miami. Murray is seen as a potentially better NFL betting asset. Despite his compact size Murray is seen as dynamic. Kingsbury flopped at his alma mater but does get accolades for being a good offensive mind. He has never coached in the NFL.
Detroit Lions Overview
Owing to his association as a Bill Belichick assistant did Matt Patricia get the Lions gig. Patricia went 6-10 in his rookie campaign. Keep in mind that former Lions coach Jim Caldwell posted offshore bookmaker records of 9-7 in his final two years. Namely quarterback Matt Stafford is looking for a rebound season. Stafford is coming off one of the worst campaigns in his career. Darrell Bevell takes over as offensive coordinator. He is expected to use running back Kenyon Johnson for better balance.
Detroit and Arizona against the Spread
The Lions are:
- 4-2-1 against the spread as a road favorite
- 3-7-1 under the total laying points on the road
- 5-3 on the board vs. NFC West teams
- 2-4 under the total in games with the NFC West
- 4-13-2 with the odds on the road against the NFC West
- 2-7-1 under the total on the road at the NFC West
- 3-6 with the line against the Cardinals
- 2-3 under the total in matchups with Arizona
The Cardinals are:
- 6-4-1 on the board as a home dog
- 1-6 under the total as a dog at State Farm Stadium
- 2-4-1 in their last seven matchups vs. NFC North teams
- 3-6 under the total in matchups with the NFC North
- 6-4 vs. the odds at home matchups with the NFC North
- 3-9 under the total in home games with NFC North teams
- 6-3 against the spread at home against Detroit
- 2-3 under the total in home games with the Lions
Detroit Lions vs. Arizona Cardinals NFL Betting Pick
On this occasion the Lions are the deeper team. By contrast the Cardinals could be the better NFL betting value. As was previously noted the Cardinals have the proven ability to get the money against Detroit.
Detroit Lions vs. Arizona Cardinals NFL Betting Pick: Arizona Cardinals
Detroit Lions vs. Arizona Cardinals NFL Betting Score Prediction: Cardinals 31, Lions 27