Minnesota’s NFL betting resurgence is over. The Vikings simply dug too big of a hole early on. Specifically, Minnesota has too many costly losses against bad teams. New Orleans has a different problem. Last week Drew Brees was quite rusty in his return from injury. Kansas City showed Super Bowl superiority in a win at New Orleans. Tampa Bay is just one game behind the Saints. To be exact the Saints have little margin for error. Brees will have to play far better going forward. Otherwise, the Super Bowl is a pipe dream. Minnesota can’t be overlooked.
Minnesota Vikings vs. New Orleans Saints NFL Week 16 Betting Information
|Date and Time:||Friday, December 25, 2020, 4:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Mercedes Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Vikings at Saints TV Coverage:||FOX, NFL Network, Amazon|
Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints SBG Odds Overview
Despite their recent woes, the Saints bring far more online wagering credibility. Public wagering is weary of the Vikings. Sharps will look at the Vikings with a contrarian approach. New Orleans has a 2019 playoff revenge angle for their loss to Minnesota.
Minnesota Vikings Team Overview
Last week the Vikings lost at home to the Bears 33-27. Minnesota was 2.5-point chalk with over 47.5 covering too. The Vikings have lost five consecutive times to the linemaker. As a result, they’re 6-8 both straight up and against the spread. And 9-5 over the total. Minnesota ranks 14th for scoring offense and 25th for points allowed.
New Orleans Saints Team Overview
Kansas City beat the Saints 32-29 as 2.5-point road chalk. Over 54 paid as well. Now the Saints are 10-4 straight up, 7-7 vs. the odds, and 9-5 over the total. New Orleans ranks 9th for scoring offense and 6th for points allowed. Late on the Saints are 0-2 straight up and with the line. Drew Brees’s return from injury was erratic against KC. Patrick Mahomes outclassed him.
Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints Against the Spread
The Vikings are:
- Payouts in 16 of their last 31 games
- On the road 9-7 vs. the odds
- Against NFC teams 12-11 with the board
- As a dog 7-5 with the line
- Have gone over the total in 17 of their last 31 games
- As a dog 6-6 over and under
- On the road 7-9 to the under
- Against the NFC 11-12 under the total
The Saints are:
- 18-12 against the spread in all games
- At home 7-8 on the board
- As a favorite 13-11 vs. the odds
- Against the NFC 14-9 with the linemaker
- 17-13 over the total
- 15-9 to the over as a favorite
- 8-7 over the odds at home
- As chalk 15-9 over the total
Head-to-Head Against the Spread
- The Saints have covered four of the last six against Minnesota
- Three of the last five between these two teams stayed under the total
- At the Superdome, the Vikings have paid in six of their last seven visits
- The last three meetings between these teams at New Orleans stayed under
Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints SBG Free Picks
In this situation, the Vikings make for a strong NFL betting contrarian pick. Cause by all public hype for the Saints. The masses will be manipulated with the playoff revenge angle.
Vikings at Saints SBG Best Bet: Minnesota Vikings.