At the onset of the 2020 season, Minnesota was a hot futures pick. With 15 picks in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Vikings were said to be reloaded. Indianapolis was also touted for success. Minnesota used the corporate term “roster evolution.” Philip Rivers’s arrival was symbolic of a “one and done” campaign. With Rivers’ arrival, the Colts put all of their chips on the table. Accordingly, the Colts and Vikings were major NFL bets disappointments in week one. Minnesota was rendered helpless to visiting Green Bay. While Indianapolis flopped at lightly regarded Jacksonville. It follows both are already in trouble.
Minnesota Vikings vs. Indianapolis Colts TV Schedule
|Date and Time:||Sunday, September 20, 2020, 1 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana|
|Vikings vs. Colts TV Coverage:||FOX|
Minnesota Vikings Vs. Indianapolis Colts SBG Odds Overview
So far there hasn’t been much offshore betting movement on this line. Both teams served to irritate gamblers in week one. Handicappers view the Colts loss as a potential one-off. While there is more concern about the Vikings. Minnesota’s normally strong defense was lit up by Aaron Rodgers. It is true that Rodgers is on another level. Yet the Vikings have shut him down cold in the past. Subsequently, gamblers are taking a careful approach to this matchup.
Minnesota Vikings Team Overview
Last week the Vikings were 1-point home chalks to the Packers. Green Bay won 42-34 to send the game over the total of 44. Minnesota was outgained 522-282. So too did the Packers have a staggering 41:16 time of possession. Minnesota’s “roster evolution” was an utter debacle. Handicappers wonder if it’s a portent of things to come.
Indianapolis Colts Team Overview
The first-week action had the Colts 7-point chalk at Jacksonville. But the Jaguars prevailed 27-20. Rivers threw two costly interceptions in the loss. Compared to Jaguars quarterback Gardner Minshew passing for 173 yards with three touchdowns. The account of a 445-241 total yard’s edge was Indianapolis frustrated.
Minnesota Vikings and Indianapolis Colts Against the Spread
The Vikings are:
- 2-6-1 against the spread in September away games
- 2-4 under the total on the September road
- 2-7 on the board in their last nine as road dogs
- 2-6 under the total getting points away from home
- 10-4 with the odds at AFC teams
- 5-2 over the total on the road at AFC opponents
- 1-2 versus the number at Indianapolis
- 1-2 under the total on the road against the Colts
The Colts Are:
- 9-5-1 against the spread in their last 15 games as home chalk
- 5-3 over the total as a home favorite
- 4-3 versus the odds in September home action
- 9-3 over the total in their last 12 September home matchups
- 6-1 with the line in home games versus the NFC
- 5-3 over the total when hosting NFC opponents
- 4-1 on the board in their last five games against the Vikings
- 1-4 under the total head to head with Minnesota
Minnesota Vikings vs. Indianapolis Colts SBG Free Picks
As mentioned earlier the Vikings are a poor NFL Bets value as road dogs. Counter to that is good Colts value as road chalks. Besides, that, are concerns about poor performance by the Viking defense.
Vikings vs. Colts SBG Best Bet: Indianapolis Colts