Above all the Falcons will never let down their Dallas meltdown. Atlanta had 20-0 first quarter and 39-24 fourth-quarter leads. They also have the Pro Football betting distinction of blowing those leads. Dallas scored 16 points in the final five minutes for a comeback of the ages. Now the Falcons face a fork in the road for their season. Chicago looks to be back in their 2018 NFC North Division title form. It is true that quarterback Mitchel Trubisky lost credibility in 2019. Trubisky was forced to compete for his job. He and a strong running game are assets.
Chicago Bears vs. Atlanta Falcons NFL Week 3
|Date and Time:||Sunday, September 27, 2020, 1 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Mercedes Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia|
|Bears vs. Falcons TV Coverage:||FOX|
Chicago Bears at Atlanta Falcons SBG Odds Overview
At the beginning of this matchup is public disgust with the Falcons. Squares aren’t inclined to take teams that blow such leads. So too do sharps develop offshore bookmaker reservations. Falcons as the favorite against the 2-0 Bears surprise many. Contrarian gamblers may side with Atlanta for that very reason. Counter to that is Chicago’s superior fundamentals.
Chicago Bears Team Overview
Chicago is 2-0 straight up, 1-1 vs. the line, and on totals. Last week the Bears beat the Giants 17-13 as 4.5-point overlays. Chicago ranks third in the NFL for points allowed. And ninth for rushing yardage. Namely, David Montgomery has 146 yards and 5.0 yards per carry. Trubisky has a 92.7 quarterback rating.
Atlanta Falcons Team Overview
Now the Falcons are 0-2 straight up and 1-1 vs. the line. Both of their games went over. Of major concern is a Falcons defense ranked 31st overall and 32nd for points allowed. Atlanta ranks 28th for rushing yards. Thus, their inability to hold leads.
Chicago Bears Vs. Atlanta Falcons Against the spread
The Bears are:
- 3-7 against the spread in September road games
- 5-3 over the total in their last eight September away matchups
- 4-6-1 vs. the odds on the road against NFC South teams
- 3-9 under the total in their last 12 games at the NFC South
- 7-5 on the board as a road dog
- 2-8-1 under the total in their last 11 games getting points on the road
- 9-2 vs. the line in their last 11 head to head meetings with the Falcons
- 1-9 under the total in their series with Atlanta
The Falcons are:
- 3-5 against the spread in their last eight September home games
- 6-2 over the total at home in September action
- 2-6-1 vs. the odds when hosting NFC North teams
- 3-5 under the total in their last eight home games with the NFC North
- 4-8 on the board in their last 12 games as home chalk
- 4-5 under the total when laying points at home
- 2-4 vs. the line in their last six home games with the Bears
- 0-7 under the total head to head with Chicago
Chicago Bears at Atlanta Falcons SBG Free Picks
In this situation, the Bears make for a strong Pro Football Betting dog. Chicago has the superior defense. And the proven ability to close a game. Overall, the Falcons credibility is shot.
Bears at Falcons SBG Best Bet: Chicago Bears