On the whole, the NFC East Division is far and away from the worst in football. Despite that fact, the winner of the “NFC Least” will get a coveted NFL betting playoff spot. On Sunday night the Eagles and Cowboys will meet with the winner getting the inside track for that postseason bid. Dallas’s issues are well known with meddlesome owner Jerry Jones being the common denominator to their ills. In the same way, the Eagles are being seen more like an accidental Super Bowl champion from two years ago. Philadelphia and Dallas will battle for their playoff lives.
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles
|Date and Time:||Sunday, December 22, 2019, 4:25 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Cowboys vs. Eagles TV Coverage:||FOX|
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles Overview
Philadelphia has sports betting record of 7-7 straight up, 5-9 vs. the odds, and 7-7 on totals. Last week the Eagles scored a 37-27 win and payout at Washington. The Eagles rank 12th in the NFL for scoring offense and 16th for points allowed.
Counter to that is a Cowboys mark of 7-7 straight up, 8-6 with the line, and 9-5 over the total. Dallas is coming off a 44-21 home payout and wins over the Rams. Overall NFL metrics have the Cowboys ranked fifth for scoring offense and 12th for points allowed. The win snapped a two-game losing streak.
Key Cowboys: QB Dak Prescott (65.5% COMP, 4334 YDS, 8.4 AVG, 26 TD, 11 INT, 18 SACK, 99.3 RTG), RB Ezekiel Elliott (270 ATT, 1188 YDS, 4.4 AVG, 11 TD), WR Amari Cooper (71 REC, 1073 YDS, 15.1 AVG, 8 TD), DE Robert Quinn (25 TACKLES, 9.5 SACKS), PK Kai Forbath (3-3 FG, 5-5 XP)
Key Eagles: QB Carson Wentz (63.4% COMP, 3431 YDS, 6.5 AVG, 25 TD, 7 INT, 35 SACKS, 92.3 RTG), RB Miles Sanders (150 ATT, 687 YDS, 4.6 AVG, 2 TD), TE Zach Ertz (84 REC, 888 YDS, 10.6 AVG, 6 TD), DE Brandon Graham (45 TACKLES, 7.5 SACKS), PK Jake Elliott (19-21 FG, 29-31 XP)
Dallas And Philadelphia with the Line
The Cowboys are:
- 7-5 against the spread in their last 12 road games
- 7-2 over the total away from home
- 6-1 vs. the odds in their last seven games at Philadelphia
- 3-7 under the total on the road vs. the Eagles
- 7-1 with the line in their last eight away games vs. the NFC East
- 4-1 over the total at the NFC East
The Eagles are:
- 3-10-1 against the spread in their last 14 home games
- 3-7 under the total at Lincoln Financial Field
- 4-9 vs. the odds in their head to head series with the Cowboys
- 2-4 under the total in their last six games with Dallas
- 2-5 on the board at home vs. the NFC East
- 2-4 under the total when hosting NFC East teams
Dallas Cowboys vs. Philadelphia Eagles NFL Betting Picks
On this occasion, first place in the NFC East is at stake. While both teams have struggled Dallas has had the superior NFL betting value. As was previously noted the Cowboys have the best results in this series.
Cowboys vs. Eagles NFL Betting Pick: Dallas Cowboys
Cowboys vs. Eagles NFL Betting Score Prediction: Cowboys 24, Eagles 20