On the whole, Detroit has begun the process of getting right. Firing coach Matt Patricia was step one. Patricia had zero credibility with his players. That translated on the field. In the same way, fans and gamblers stopped buying long ago. Still, Detroit has miles to go to become a contender. But at least the process has begun. Meanwhile, Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill is proving he’s no fluke. Running back Derrick Henry is a perfect compliment to Tannehill. Tennessee’s offense is a key NFL bets asset. Defenses must stay honest against this tandem. Tennessee is a big chalk Sunday.
Detroit Lions vs Tennessee Titans NFL Week 15 Betting Information
|Date and Time:||Sunday, December 20, 2020, 1 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Nissan Stadium, Nashville, Tennessee|
|Lions at Titans TV Coverage:||FOX|
Detroit Lions at Tennessee Titans SBG Odds Overview
Despite the coaching change and improved play, Detroit lacks online wagering appeal. Tennessee will draw the vast majority of the handle. Sharps may consider a rejuvenated Lions team. But the Titans can potentially wear down Detroit. Fashion Tennessee’s 2019 playoff run was no fluke.
Detroit Lions Team Overview
Detroit covered a 31-24 home loss to Green Bay on Sunday. Now the Lions are 5-8 straight up, 6-7 against the spread, and 8-5 over the total. Detroit ranks 18th in scoring offense and 29th for points allowed.
Tennessee Titans Team Overview
Last week Tennessee destroyed Jacksonville 31-20 as 7.5-point road chalk. The Titans are 9-4 straight up, 6-7 vs. the odds, and 9-3 over the total. Following their loss to Cleveland, it was an important bounce back. Tennessee ranks 4th for scoring offense and 21st in points allowed.
Ryan Tannehill has a 108 QB rating with 28 touchdown passes. While Derrick Henry has rushed for 1532 yards and 14 touchdowns.
Detroit Lions at Tennessee Titans Against the Spread
The Lions are:
- Has covered the spread in just 20 of their last 44 overall games
- Against the AFC 6-5 on the board
- 15-17 vs. the odds as a dog
- On the road 12-11 with the line
- In sum 24-20 over the total
- 7-4 to the over against AFC opponents
- As a dog 17-15 over the total
- On the road 11-12 vs. the odds
The Titans are:
- Overall, 23-23-1 against the spread
- At home 10-12-1 vs. the odds
- As chalk is 9-14-1 on the board
- Against the NFC 6-4 with the number
- 28-18-1 over the total in all games
- At Nissan Stadium 15-7-1 over the total
- As a favorite 15-8-1 to the over
- Against the NFC 7-3 over the number
Head-to-Head Against the Spread
- Tennessee has covered the spread in their last four games against the Lions.
- Two of the last three meetings between these teams have gone over the total.
- The Titans have gotten the cash in their last two home games with the Lions.
- The last matchup between the Lions and Titans at Tennessee went over the total.
Detroit Lions at Tennessee Titans SBG Free Picks
In this situation, the Titans dynamic duo of Tannehill and Henry should be the difference. Further, the Lions simply have nothing to play for, As mentioned earlier Tennessee has the NFL Bets advantage in this series.
Lions at Titans SBG Best Bet: Tennessee Titans.