At the beginning of the season was optimism for a Broncos playoff charge. Rookie quarterback Drew Lock led Denver to a 4-2 finish. But opening day revealed a distinct Pro Football Betting difference. Winning meaningless end of season games is far different from matchups that count. Monday night saw Denver lose one of the ugliest games in recent memory. Meanwhile, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a highly acclaimed return. Monday’s first game was an impressive Steelers win at the Giants. Pittsburgh has emerged as the hot new team with gamblers. Counter to that is a Broncos team abandoned by squares.
Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
|Date and Time:||Sunday, September 20, 2020, 1 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Broncos vs. Steelers TV Coverage:||CBS|
Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers SBG Odds Overview
At the onset, the Steelers moved from a 5-point to 7.5-point chalk. Public offshore bookmaker action is routinely reactive to the previous week’s results. Denver was dreadful in an ugly home loss to Tennessee. While Pittsburgh got the Monday night money at the Giants. Squares saw both games. And the betting line clearly reflects that. Also factoring in the spread is the return of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Big Ben’s opening night wins created handle towards Pittsburgh.
Denver Broncos Team Overview
To begin with, the Broncos paid in a 16-14 loss to Tennessee as 3.5-point home dogs. Under the total of 41.5 paid too. Tennessee outgained the Broncos 377-323. Lock passed for a pedestrian 216 yards with one touchdown. Linebacker Alexander Johnson stood out with 12 tackles.
Pittsburgh Steelers Team Overview
Last Monday the Steelers scored a 26-6 payout at the Giants. Pittsburgh was 6-point chalk. Under the total of 44 paid as well. Roethlisberger was 21 of 32 for 229 yards passing with three touchdowns. Namely, Benny Snell Jr contributed too with 113 rushing yards on 19 carries.
Denver Broncos at Pittsburgh Steelers Against the spread
The Broncos are:
- 3-5 against the spread in September away games
- 3-2 over the total on the road in September games
- 6-3 on the board in their last nine as a road dog
- 3-9 under the total getting points on the road
- 10-4 with the odds at AFC North teams
- 7-2 over the total in their last nine games at the AFC North
- 5-2 with the line against the Steelers
- 6-1 over the total head to head with Pittsburgh
The Steelers are:
- 2-5-1 on the board when hosting the AFC West
- 9-3 over the total in their last 12 home games with the AFC West
- 4-7 versus the line in September home games
- 2-4 under the total at Heinz Field in September action
- 2-5 against the spread as home chalk
- 2-4 under the total laying points at home
- 1-7 versus the odds in their last eight games with Denver
- 0-2 under the total in their last two games with the Broncos
Denver Broncos at Pittsburgh Steelers SBG Free Picks
Although the public abandoned the Broncos, they now get a better Pro Football Betting price. As mentioned earlier Denver is a strong value against the Steelers. As well as Pittsburgh being a weak home value. Fading the public means a bargain could beckon.
Broncos vs. Steelers SBG Best Bet: Denver Broncos