To begin with, there is no dynasty in NFL history like the Patriots. In an era set up to punish success, New England has cracked the code. And as long as head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady are together its likely to remain that way. Counter to that is the mounting frustration of the Steelers. Pittsburgh used to be a coveted betting on NFL pick but no more. Impatience is mounting due to their last Super Bowl season coming in 2010. Namely head coach Mike Tomlin has caught much of the fan’s wrath for the dry spell.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New England Patriots
|Date and Time:||Sunday, September 8, 2019, 8:20 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts|
|Steelers vs. Patriots TV Coverage:||NBC|
Pittsburgh Steelers Overview
Last season was betting on NFL disaster by Steeler standards. Pittsburgh finished 9-6-1 straight up and 8-8 vs. the line. But they missed the playoffs for the first time in five seasons. Malcontents Le’ Veon Bell and Antonio Brown are gone. Veteran quarterback Ben Roethlisberger remains. The defense is ok but nowhere near Steel Curtain dominance. Certainly, it’s a lot to ask of the 37-year-old Roethlisberger to carry the team. But that is what Tomlin and the Steelers are doing.
New England Patriots Overview
A clear difference in reputation separates the Patriots from the rest. New England is the most popular offshore betting choice in pro football. Despite the public popularity the Patriots prevail as a highly profitable team. Especially as a favorite at Gillette Stadium. The rest of the New England roster seems to change like a revolving door. But Belichick and Brady are the constants that keep the Patriots on top. A lot of gamblers have lost a lot of money guessing when it all ends. So far it is yet to happen.
Pittsburgh Vs. New England Against the spread
The Steelers are:
- 7-3-1 against the spread as a road dog
- 3-5 under the total getting points away from home
- 3-4 vs. the odds in games vs. AFC East teams
- 2-8 under the total in matchups with the AFC East
- 2-6-1 against the spread in road tilts with the AFC East
- 3-5 under the total at AFC East opponents
- 1-4-1 on the board against the Patriots
- 1-4 under the total vs. New England
The Patriots are:
- 13-3 vs. the odds as a home favorite
- 3-7 under the total laying points at Gillette Stadium
- 8-2-1 in matchups with the AFC North
- 3-5 under the total in tilts with the AFC North
- 5-2-1 against the spread at Gillette Stadium vs. the AFC North
- 7-1 over the total in-home matchups vs. the AFC North
- 2-0-1 on the board at home vs. Pittsburgh
- 3-1 over the total in home games with the Steelers
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New England Patriots Bet on NFL Picks
As mentioned earlier the Steelers struggle in games at New England. Indeed, the Patriots have Pittsburgh’s betting on NFL number. In the same way, smart handicappers will not try and outsmart the facts. Betting against New England at Gillette Stadium is a perilous prospect.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New England Patriots Bet on NFL Pick: New England Patriots
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New England Patriots Bet on NFL Score Prediction: Patriots 31, Steelers 21