San Francisco had a 10-point fourth-quarter Super Bowl lead on the Chiefs. Yet the 49ers failed to finish. Jimmy Garoppolo was not the playmaker that Patrick Mahomes was. And the 49ers defense lacked the ability to kill. San Francisco’s 31-20 NFL betting loss to Kansas City has stung all off-season. Further, it was illustrative of the 49ers’ weaknesses. Arizona was one of the top moneymakers on the board last year. Cause by an offense that could sneak through the back door. Sunday marks the season opener between the Cardinals and 49ers.
Arizona Cardinals vs. San Francisco 49ers
|Date and Time:||Sunday, September 13, 2020, 4:25 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California|
|Cardinals vs. 49ers TV Coverage:||FOX|
Arizona Cardinals vs. San Francisco 49ers SBG Odds and Overview
Public sports betting will go to San Francisco’s way. Of course, squares like an NFC champion hosting a 5-10-1 team from 2019. Arizona was one of the tops under the radar teams one year ago. Few NFL teams got more favorable offseason reviews. There is a sense that the Cardinals are a team on the come. So too were the 49ers a surprise wagering value in 2019. Los Angeles was supposed to win the NFC West. Now the spotlight is on San Francisco. Sharps will be careful to verify value. And the potential of an overlay.
Arizona Cardinals Team Overview
At the onset of a great offseason was the acquisition of DeAndre Hopkins from Houston. Quarterback Kyler Murray had an impressive rookie season. And set multiple Cardinals team records. Hopkins brings the game-breaking playmaker quarterbacks dream of. Namely first-round draft pick Isaiah Simmons should fortify a bad defense. Simmons is a linebacker that has the versatility to play elsewhere. Arizona has nowhere to go but up on defense.
San Francisco 49ers Team Overview
At the beginning of the season, the 49ers return 18 of 22 starters. Such stability means an expectation of championship success. General manager John Lynch expects a better team in 2020.
Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers With the Line
The Cardinals are:
- 7-1-2 against the spread as road dogs
- 6-4 over the total in their last 10 as a way dogs
- 1-4 vs. the odds on the September road
- 3-6 under the total in September away games
- 9-1-2 on the board in away games with the NFC West
- 8-3 over the total at NFC West opponents
- 5-2-1 vs. the number in their last eight games at San Francisco
- 5-3 over the total in away games with the 49ers
The 49ers are:
- 5-3-1 against the spread as home chalk
- 6-2 over the total in their last eight home games
- 3-6 vs. the board in their last nine September home games
- 3-6 under the total at home on September 10, 2020
- 3-8-1 vs. the odds head to head with the Cardinals
- 5-7 under the total when facing Arizona
- 1-6-1 with the line at home against the NFC West
- 8-3 over the total when hosting NFC West rivals
Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers SBG Free Picks
Arizona makes for an appealing NFL betting road dog. As mentioned earlier the Cardinals consistently get the money at San Francisco. Also, the 49ers bleed red ink in NFC West home games.
Cardinals vs. 49ers SBG Best Bet: Arizona Cardinals