San Francisco and Cleveland have had similar tracks the past two seasons. Last year the 49ers and quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo were Pro Football betting favorites to contend for the NFC title. This year the Browns and Baker Mayfield received much of the preseason hype to win the AFC. In both cases Cleveland and San Francisco were touted based on some meaningless games at the end of the prior year. Correlate that the Niners were not ready for prime time. By contrast the jury is still out on the wildly inconsistent Cleveland team. Monday’s matchup will be compelling.
San Francisco 49ers vs. Cleveland Browns
|Date and Time:||Monday, October 7, 2019, 8:15 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, California|
|49ers vs. Browns TV Coverage:||ESPN|
San Francisco 49ers vs. Cleveland Browns Overview
Now the 49ers have a sports betting record of 3-0 straight up, 2-1 against the spread, and 1-2 under the total. San Francisco is coming off a bye that followed a 24-20 home win over Pittsburgh. The Niners rank third for scoring offense and third for total defense. Correlate San Francisco leads the NFC West.
Cleveland is 2-2 straight up and vs. the odds with 2-2 on totals. Last week the Browns scored an impressive 40-25 win at Baltimore. Cleveland ranks 12th in the NFL for total offense and 13th for defense. Overall the Browns are tied with the Ravens for the NFC North lead.
Key 49ers: QB Jimmy Garoppolo (69% COMP, 739 YDS, 8.8 AVG, 5 TD, 4 INT, 96.3 RTG), RB Matt Breida (41 RSH, 226 YDS, 5.5 YPC, 0 TD), TE George Kittle (17 REC, 165 YDS, 9.7 YPC, 0 TD), PK Robbie Gould (6-8 FG, 10-10 XP)
Key Browns: QB Baker Mayfield (59% COMP, 1147 YDS, 8.3 AVG, 4 TD, 6 INT, 12 SACK, 77.2 RTG), RB Nick Chubb (78 RSH, 398 YDS, 5.1 AVG, 4 TD, 14 RSH, 99 YDS, 7.1 YPC, 0 TD), WR Jarvis Landry (18 REC, 328 YDS, 18.2 YPC, 0 TD), DE Myles Garrett (13 TACKLES, 6 SACKS), PK Austin Seibert (7-7 FG, 8-9 XP)
San Francisco and Cleveland Vs. the Odds
The Browns are:
- 7-3 against the spread in their last 10 road games
- 5-5 over under on the road in their last 10 away matchups
- 3-1 on the board in their last four games with San Francisco
- 0-4 under the total vs. the 49ers
- 2-5 vs. the odds at NFC West teams
- 1-6-1 under the total when on the road against the NFC West
The 49ers are:
- 7-13 against the spread in their last 20 games at Levi’s Stadium
- 2-5 under the total at home
- At home 1-1 on the board against the Browns
- 0-2 under the total when hosting Cleveland
- 6-2 on the board when hosting the AFC North
- 1-6 under the total at Levi’s Stadium when hosting the AFC North
San Francisco 49ers vs. Cleveland Browns Football Betting Picks
As mentioned earlier the Browns have been a strong Football betting value on the road. While the 49ers have struggled to get the cash at Levi’s Stadium. In this situation the Browns plus the points is the way to go.
49ers vs. Browns Football Betting Pick: Cleveland Browns
49ers vs. Browns Football Betting Score Prediction: Browns 27, 49ers 28