Today is the day Patriots coach Bill Belichick has long dreamed of. Indeed, “The Hoodie” has longed to prove he can win without Tom Brady. Then again Brady has long wanted to prove he could win without Belichick. Now both GOAT’s will get their opportunity. New England has ruled the AFC East with an iron fist. Without Brady that dynasty is completely in question. Patriots backers still have them as NFL bets chalk. But is that out of habit? Miami is an AFC East team dreaming of replacing the Pats. With, Tua Tagovailoa their future looks bright.
Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots
|Date and Time:||Sunday, September 13, 2020, 1 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts|
|Dolphins vs. Patriots TV Coverage:||CBS|
Miami Dolphins vs. New England Patriots SBG Odds Overview
For one thing, New England is the Beast of the AFC East until proven otherwise. Belichick carries considerable offshore betting cache. Keep in mind The Hoodie went 11-5 his one New England season without Brady. Sharps will at least consider Miami. The potential value is perceived. However, Ryan Fitzpatrick starting at quarterback disappoints many gamblers. Instead, New England is likely to get their business.
Miami Dolphins Team Overview
At the onset of 2019, the Dolphins lost seven straight games. First-year head coach Brian Flores seemed in over his head. And then the Dolphins began to click. Flores refused to let them quit. Miami won five of their final nine games. Further, they shed their old ways of quitting. A win at New England to end the season was a landmark achievement. Defense remains their biggest potential liability.
New England Patriots Team Overview
Quarterback Cam Newton was the 2015 NFL Most Valuable Player. And led Carolina to the Super Bowl that year. Bill Belichick took him off the scrap heap to replace Brady. And named him team captain. If anyone can replenish Newton that would be The Hoodie himself. Of great concern is the same lack of playmakers that doomed Tom Brady.
Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots Against the Spread
The Dolphins are:
- 4-9 against the spread in September
- 1-4 under the total in September
- 5-2 on the board as a road dog
- 4-6 under the total as a road pup
- 4-2 vs, the odds in AFC East Division away games
- 4-1 over at the total at the AFC East
- 4-7 vs. the line head to head with New England
- 2-3 under the total head to head with the Patriots
The Patriots are:
- 12-2 against the spread at home against Miami
- 4-2 over the total when hosting the Dolphins
- 7-3 at Gillette Stadium against the AFC East
- 3-4 under the total when hosting AFC East opponents
- 3-5 vs. the odds as a home favorite
- 2-4 under the total when laying points at Gillette Stadium
- 5-6 on the board in September
- 1-5 under the total when playing in September
Miami Dolphins Vs. New England Patriots SBG Free Picks
In this situation, the Dolphins remain the contrarian NFL Bets play. New England’s lack of game-breakers makes covering chalk problematic. As mentioned earlier Flores is changing the Dolphins culture. Miami will fight the full 60.
Dolphins vs. Patriots SBG Best Bet: Miami Dolphins