Naturally, Sunday Night means NBC’s national showcase game of the week. This Sunday we get a tale of two coaches, Mike McCarthy led the 2010 Packers to a Super Bowl championship. Green Bay was a perpetual contender under McCarthy. However, the roof caved in on his relationship with Aaron Rodgers. Dallas hired McCarthy last January. His arrival marks the gravitas of a real and much-needed head coach. Rams coach Sean McVay was the toast of 2018 Pro Football betting. Now he is coming off a season of humility. Los Angeles missed the 2019 playoffs.
Dallas Cowboys at Los Angeles Rams
|Date and Time:||Sunday, September 13, 2020, 8:20 p.m. ET|
|Location:||SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, California|
|Cowboys vs. Rams TV Coverage:||NBC|
Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Rams SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion we see the sports betting effect of being “America’s Team.” Dallas is a worldwide iconic brand. And draws betting handle that few teams can match. It is true that such name-brand status often means overlays. Sharps often love to bet against the square fanboy Cowboy cash. Dallas is getting enhanced hype over McCarthy. And the fact the 2019 Rams went from the penthouse to the outhouse. In view of this Los Angeles may be better than the spread indicates. Hence the Cowboys public favorite status is nothing new.
Dallas Cowboys Team Overview
Certainly, McCarthy brings coaching ability that Jason Garrett never had. Dallas will be more organized and coherent. First-round draft pick CeeDee Lamb offers playmaking ability at wide receiver. Still, veteran handicappers have “heard it all before” with the Cowboys.
Los Angeles Rams Team Overview
At the beginning of the 2020 season, LA is a classic beaten favorite. Jared Goff is still a coveted quarterback. Todd Gurley’s departure may prove to be a net positive. McVay will be motivated to atone for a lost season. Take the case of the Rams being 2018 NFC champions. Encompassing that is a team that still has an ability.
Dallas Cowboys and Los Angeles Rams vs. the Line
The Cowboys are:
- 3-8 against the spread as road favorites
- 5-2 over the total in their last seven as road chalk
- 12-7-1 vs. the line in September games
- 3-5 under the total in September action
- 4-2 vs. the odds head to head with the Rams
- 4-0 over the total against Los Angeles
- 5-2 vs. the number in away games vs. the NFC West
- 4-5 under the total in road action with NFC West teams
The Rams are:
- 0-6 against the spread as home dogs
- 5-0 over the total when getting points at home
- 9-3-1 on the board in September
- 4-2 over the total in September
- 2-1 vs. the odds when hosting the Cowboys
- 3-0 over the total in home games with Dallas
- 9-2 vs. the number when hosting NFC East teams
- 5-2 over the total at home vs. the NFC East
Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Rams SBG Free Picks
As mentioned earlier the Cowboys have been a poor Football betting road chalk value. LA is in the black at home against Dallas and the NFC East. Fading the public and betting with the house looks best here. After all, no team let down gamblers more than the Cowboys.
Cowboys vs. Rams SBG Best Bet: Los Angeles Rams