To begin with, Oklahoma State was touted for big things in 2020. Running back Chuba Hubbard led a core of players that could have gone to the NFL. Instead, they returned to play for a Big 12 title. However, a tumultuous off-season may have shown its NCAA Football betting effect in week one. Oklahoma State barely got past lightly regarded Tulsa in their season opener. Of great concern was how bad the Cowboys offense played. This week West Virginia comes calling. It follows that the Mountaineers will be a tougher opponent for the Cowboys.
West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys
|Date and Time:||Saturday, September 26, 2020, 3:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, Oklahoma|
|West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State TV Coverage:||ABC|
West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys SBG Odds Overview
An account of last week Oklahoma State may lose some sports betting support with the public. Sharps may give the Cowboys a look based on a cheap price. Cause of such a terrible performance last Saturday. On the other hand, West Virginia could be an under the radar team. Since the departure of coach Dana Holgorsen, the Mountaineers have lost the support of the masses. WVU may be a better team than expected.
West Virginia Mountaineers Team Overview
First game jitters were missing in a 56-10 West Virginia win over Eastern Kentucky. WVU covered as 43-point home chalks. Over a total of 59.5 paid too. Quarterback Jarret Doege passed for 228 yards and three touchdowns. Second-year coach Neal Brown held down the fort in 2020. Slowly his stamp is being placed on the program.
Oklahoma State Cowboys Team Overview
Last week Oklahoma State needed a fourth-quarter rally to beat Tulsa 16-7. OSU never threatened to cover as 24-point home chalks. Under the total of 66 paid as well. Freshman quarterback Shane Illingworth came off the bench to bail out the Pokes. More emphatically the OSU defense saved the day.
West Virginia Mountaineers at Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS Stats
The Mountaineers are:
- 4-6 against the spread in their last 10 games as a road dog
- 2-6 under the total when getting points on the road
- 3-1 on the board in their last four away games vs. Big 12 rivals
- 4-2 over the total on the road against Big 12 opponents
- 0-5 with the odds in their last five head to head meetings with Oklahoma State
- 2-1 over the total in their last three games with the Cowboys
The Cowboys are:
- 4-2 against the spread in their last six Big 12 home games
- 1-3 under the total when hosing the Big 12
- 5-7 on the board in their last 12 games as a home chalk
- 14-4 over the total when laying points at Boone Pickens Stadium
- 3-1 with the odds at home against West Virginia
- 1-2 under the total head to head at home vs. the Mounties
West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys SBG Free Picks
Specifically, an old NCAA Football Betting adage is that a team makes its greatest improvement in week two. As mentioned earlier Oklahoma State has had the advantage head to head with West Virginia. Look for the Pokes to get it together in this one!
Mountaineers vs. Cowboys SBG Best Bet: Oklahoma State Cowboys