West Virginia has been radically transformed by second-year head coach Neal Brown. Predecessor Dana Holgorsen preferred up-tempo offense for College Football odds success. While the defense was an afterthought. And that’s what kept the Mounties from closing on a Big 12 Conference title. Conversely Brown has turned the Mountaineers defense into an asset. The tradeoff is offensively they’re nowhere near what they used to be in the Holgorsen era. In sum, the Mounties record hasn’t changed much at all. Of course, Oklahoma has no problems scoring points. Like West Virginia, OU’s defense has shown marked improvement too.
Oklahoma Sooners at West Virginia Mountaineers
|Date and Time:||Saturday, November 28, 2020, 7:35 PM|
|Location:||Mountaineer Field, Morgantown, West Virginia|
|Sooners at Mountaineers TV Coverage:||To Be Determined|
Oklahoma Sooners at West Virginia Mountaineers SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, Oklahoma has the momentum and sportsbook brand to draw the majority handle. West Virginia is known well only by sharps.
Oklahoma Sooners Team Overview
Oklahoma is one of the hottest teams in the country with five consecutive covers. Last Saturday OU blew out Oklahoma State 41-13 for an easy payout. The Sooners are 6-2 straight up and against the spread with 5-3 over the total. Oklahoma ranks fifth for scoring offense and 29th for points allowed. OU is tied for first in the Big 12 with Iowa State. However, ISU owns the tiebreaker. Cause by their win over the Sooners earlier in the season.
Spencer Rattler has a 178.2 rating with 22 touchdowns and six interceptions. Since beating Texas, Rattler has come into his own.
West Virginia Mountaineers Team Overview
The last time out for West Virginia was November 14 in a 24-6 home payout over TCU. Now the Mounties are 5-3 straight up, 6-2 against the spread, and 4-4 on totals. West Virginia ranks 59th for scoring offense but 13th for points allowed. Quarterback Jarret Doege has 13 touchdown passes with just three interceptions.
Oklahoma Sooners at West Virginia Mountaineers Against the Spread
The Sooners Are:
- 16-18-1 on the board in all games
- In away games 5-6-1 against the spread
- As chalk 15-17-1 vs. the odds
- In Big 12 Conference games 11-14-1 with the number.
- 22-12-1 Over the total
- On the road over the total in seven of their last 12 matchups
- As a favorite 21-11-1 to the over
- In Big 12 Conference matchups 18-8 over the total.
- West Virginia hasn’t covered the spread in their last six meetings with the Sooners
- West Virginia hasn’t covered their last three home games with Oklahoma
- The last four meetings between these two teams at Mountaineer Field went over
The Mountaineers Are:
- Overall 17-11-4 on the board
- At home 10-4-3 vs. the odds
- As a dog 6-7-2 against the line
- 13-9-3 on the board against Big 12 rivals.
- Under the total in 17 of their last 32 games
- At home 9-8 over the total
- As a dog 4-11 to the under
- In Big 12 Conference games 12-13 under the total
Oklahoma Sooners at West Virginia Mountaineers SBG Free Picks
As was previously noted Oklahoma dominated the College Football odds against West Virginia. In view of their improvement stepping into the Sooners looks dangerous.
Sooners at Mountaineers SBG Best Bet: Oklahoma Sooners.