At the onset of the season was Virginia Tech coach Justin Fuente’s stock down. Fuente arrived at Virginia Tech with great fanfare. His NCAA Football betting results have been underwhelming at best. Of major concern has been his mediocre recruiting. Saturday Fuente’s Hokies had a significantly shorthanded roster. Yet their home opener was a major success. Duke coach David Cutcliffe always gets plenty of media love. However, an 0-3 start to the season doesn’t fit the narrative. Most surprising has been Cutcliffe’s struggling offense. Duke is facing a lost season before it really begins. Now Virginia Tech comes calling.
Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Duke Blue Devils Game Information
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 3, 2020, 4 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, North Carolina|
|Virginia Tech at Duke TV Coverage:||ACC Network|
Virginia Tech at Duke Blue Devils SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, Duke has lost considerable offshore betting credibility. Virginia Tech’s perception is improving.
Virginia Tech Hokies Team Overview
First game jitters were not apparent for Virginia Tech. As 6.5-point favorites, the Hokies stomped NC State 45-24. Over a total of 56.5 paid as well. Virginia Tech outgained NC State 495-386. Accordingly, the Wolfpack had a -2-turnover margin. Sophomore quarterback Quincy Patterson II posted a whopping 281.7 rating. He was four of six for 75 yards with two touchdowns. Running back Khalil Herbert ran for 104 yards and a touchdown on just six carries.
Duke Blue Devils Team Overview
Last week Duke lost at Virginia 38-20 as 4-point dogs. Over a total of 45 paid too. Duke’s record is 0-3 straight up and 1-2 vs. the odds. Two of their games went under the total. To summarize the Blue Devils were outgained at UVA 342-450. Duke committed a whopping seven turnovers. Namely junior quarterback Chase Brice has been a major disappointment. Brice has a 99.3 rating and 51.3 completion percentage. And then he has two touchdown passes with six interceptions.
Virginia Tech Hokies at Duke Blue Devils ATS Stats
The Hokies are:
- 5-8 against the spread on the road
- 4-1 over the total in their last five away games
- 4-9 with the line in their last 13 October road tilts
- 2-7 over the total on the road in October
- 5-4 vs. the odds in a way ACC matchups
- 4-1 over the total at ACC rivals
- 2-3 on the board at Duke
- 0-4 under the total with the Blue Devils at Wallace Wade Stadium
The Blue Devils are:
- 2-6-1 against the spread in October home games
- 7-3 over the total at home in October
- 2-8-1 on the board in their last 11 home matchups
- 1-8 under the total at Wallace Wade Stadium
- 1-7-1 with the odds at ACC home games
- 5-1-1 over the total when hosting ACC rivals
- 7-5 vs. the line head to head with Virginia Tech
- 3-7 under the total in their last 10 games with the Hokies
Virginia Tech Hokies at Duke Blue Devils Hokies SBG Free Picks
In this situation, Duke’s terrible offense and the quarterback can’t be ignored. Virginia Tech made quite the NCAA Football Betting statement last Saturday. It follows that their confidence should be much higher than Duke’s. Subsequently, Duke’s poor home record adds to the Hokies’ expectations.
Hokies at Blue Devils SBG Best Bet: Virginia Tech Hokies