Once upon a time, the rivalry between USC and Notre Dame was one with national championship implications. But for the last generation, one of the two schools is usually down while the other is up. In USC’s glory days with Pete Carroll, they had the betting on college football advantage. Now it is the Fighting Irish that is up with the Men of Troy down. Specifically, Notre Dame has become a perennial playoff contender. USC coach Mike Helton is fighting for his job with a third-string quarterback. In the same way, Helton is facing his second straight subpar season.
USC Trojans Vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 12, 2019, 7:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Notre Dame Stadium, South Bend, Indiana|
|USC Vs. Notre Dame TV Coverage:||NBC|
USC Trojans Vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Overview
USC has a sportsbook record of 3-2 straight up, 2-3 against the spread, with three under. Last time out the Men of Troy lost at Washington 28-14 followed with a bye week. It was the second loss in three games for USC. Overall the Trojans rank 69th for scoring offense and 84th for total defense.
By contrast, Notre Dame is 4-1 both straight up and with the odds and has gone under three times. The Irish are coming off a 52-0 home payout over Bowling Green. Notre Dame ranks 15th nationally for scoring offense and 14th for points allowed.
Key Trojans: QB Matt Fink (514 YDS, 65% COMP, 8.3 AVG, 4 TD, 4 INT, 142.5 RTG), RB Vavae Malepeal (79 RSH, 360 YDS, 4.6 AVG, 4 TD), WR Michael Pitman Jr (35 REC, 501 YDS, 14.3 AVG, 4 TD)
Key Fighting Irish: QB Ian Book (1254 YDS, 66% COMP, 9.0 AVG, 13 TD, 2 INT, 8 SACKS (169.2 RTG), RB Tony Jones Jr (55 RSH, 381 YDS, 6.9 AVG, 4 TD), WR Chase Claypool (24 REC, 347 YDS, 14.5 AVG, 4 FTD)
USC and Notre Dame Betting Trends
The Trojans are:
- 2-6 against the spread in their last eight away games
- 3-6 under the total when playing on the road
- 4-6 on the board in their head to head series with Notre Dame
- 3-1-1 over the total in their last five games against the Fighting Irish
- 3-7 against the spread on the road at Independent schools
- 2-3 under the total when visiting Independent opponents
The Fighting Irish are:
- 6-3 against the spread in their last nine games at Notre Dame Stadium
- 4-2 over the total at home
- 4-1 vs. the odds in their last five home games against USC
- 3-2 over the total at Notre Dame Stadium vs. the Trojans
- 5-1 on the board when hosting Pac 12 schools
- 3-1 over the total at home against Pac 12 teams
USC Trojans Vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Betting on College Football Picks
As was previously noted USC has been a poor Betting on College Football value on the road and against Notre Dame. To be exact Notre Dame outclasses the Men of Troy in all categories.
USC Vs. Notre Dame Betting on College Football Pick: Notre Dame Fighting Irish
USC Vs. Notre Dame Betting on College Football Score Prediction: Notre Dame 38, USC 24