Texas Longhorns coach Tom Herman is a member of MENSA. Which is a High IQ society. However, Herman is often too smart for his own good. Herman arrived in Texas in 2017. He was touted as the savior of the program. Second season results of 10-4 with a Sugar Bowl win over Georgia increased expectations. That proved to be betting on College Football fool’s gold. Since that time the Longhorns have been mediocre. Meanwhile, Iowa State coach Matt Campbell gets more from less. Iowa State lacks the talent of Texas. They make up for it with heart and character.
Iowa State Cyclones at Texas Longhorns
|Date and Time:||Friday, November 27, 2020, 12 p.m. ET|
|Location:||DKR Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, Texas|
|Cyclones at Longhorns TV Coverage:||ABC|
Iowa State Cyclones at Texas Longhorns SBG Odds Overview
Sharps will give Iowa State serious sports betting consideration. ISU is the lesser brand name but a better team.
Iowa State Cyclones Team Overview
Iowa State is coming off its most dominant performance of 2020. To show the Cyclones destroyed Kansas State 45-0 for an easy home payout. Brock Purdy threw for 236 yards and three touchdowns. And then Breece Hall ran for 135 yards and two touchdowns. As a result, Iowa State has taken over the Big 12 Conference lead. ISU is 6-2 straight up, 4-4 vs. the line, and 4-4 on totals. The Cyclones rank 31st for scoring offense and 30th for points allowed.
Texas Longhorns Team Overview
Last week was a bye for the Longhorns. Texas is 5-2 straight up, 2-4-1 vs. the odds, and 5-2 over the total. Texas ranks 15th for scoring offense and 67th for points allowed.
Iowa State Cyclones at Texas Longhorns Betting Trends
The Cyclones are:
- 14-18-1 against the spread in all games
- As a dog seven covers in their last 12
- On the road 6-6-1 vs. the odds
- In Big 12 Conference games 12-11-1 on the board
- Over the total in just 13 of their last 33 games
- In Big 12 games 11-12-1 under the total
- On the road over the total in just four of their last 13 tilts
- As a dog 4-8 to the under
The Longhorns are:
- In all games 15 covers in 34 games
- At home have paid in just six of their last 16 games
- Against the Big 12 have covered only nine of their last 25 games
- As chalk 8-12-1 vs. the odds
- Over the total in 18 of their last 34 games
- In Big 12 games 12-13 to the under
- At home 8-8 over and under
- As chalk 12-9 to the over
- Have covered four consecutive games against Iowa State
- Five consecutive meetings in this series under the total
- At Texas, the Cyclones have come away with the cash in just one of their last four visits
- Just one of the last five games between these teams at Texas have gone over the total
Iowa State Cyclones at Texas Longhorns SBG Free Picks
In this situation, Iowa State is on the cusp of Betting on College Football history. So too has Texas proven to be a terrible board value. Especially in Big 12 games.
Cyclones at Longhorns SBG Best Bet: Iowa State Cyclones.