South Carolina head coach Will Muschamp is under fire. Now in his fifth season, the program has slipped under his watch. Muschamp sparked hope after a 9-win season in 2017. Since then the Gamecocks performance has slipped. Counter to that is Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt. Tennessee finished strong in 2019 and won their bowl game. UT fans hoped that the worst is over. Tennessee has been a College Football Betting disappointment for nearly 20 years. Pruitt is charged with putting an end to that erosion. All of which makes Saturday’s season opener so pressure-packed.
Tennessee Volunteers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks
|Date and Time:||Saturday, September 26, 2020, 7:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Williams Brice Stadium, Columbia, South Carolina|
|Tennessee vs. South Carolina TV Coverage:||SEC Network|
Tennessee Volunteers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, gamblers are leaning with Tennessee. Cause by the sportsbook finish of each team last year. South Carolina has lost considerable public trust with their two years of failure. Squares never believed in the Gamecocks, to begin with. Sharps simply don’t see the value of USC. Experts are impressed with the fundamentals of Pruitt. Further, Tennessee is a program with far greater history. And potential. Especially when compared to South Carolina’s mediocrity. To be exact season openers often come down to brand reputation.
Tennessee Volunteers Team Overview
Coach Jeremy Pruitt arrived from Alabama. While with the Crimson Tide Pruitt earned the reputation as a master recruiter. And as a tough guy. It took a year and a half for his players to accept that. But Tennessee’s strong second half in 2019 shows that Pruitt is turning the corner.
South Carolina Gamecocks Team Overview
Will Muschamp arrived at South Carolina somewhat discredited. He was fired at Florida after a similar pattern to his time at USC. Muschamp had one big year at UF followed by two bad seasons. His teams always struggle on offense.
Tennessee Volunteers and South Carolina Gamecocks vs. The Line
The Volunteers are:
- 7-4-1 against the spread in their last 12 September away games
- 2-4 under the total on the September road
- 5-2 on the board in their last seven away games
- 1-6 under the total in road games
- 5-2 with the odds in their last seven SEC away matchups
- 1-6 under the total on the road against SEC rivals
- 7-4 vs. the line in their last 11 games with South Carolina
- 1-4 under the total head to head with the Gamecocks
The Gamecocks are:
- 6-3 against the spread at home in September matchups
- 4-1 over the total at home in September action
- 8-11-1 with the odds at Williams Brice Stadium
- 4-5 under the total in their last nine home games
- 7-5-1 on the board when hosting SEC rivals
- 7-3 over the total at Williams Brice Stadium against the SEC
- 2-9 vs. the line when hosting Tennessee
- 0-2 under the total head to head at home with the Volunteers
Tennessee Volunteers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks SBG Free Picks
On this occasion, we get a team on the come vs. one in decline. As mentioned earlier Tennessee has the College Football Betting advantage in this series. So too do the Volunteers have the momentum.
Volunteers vs. Gamecocks SBG Best Bet: Tennessee Volunteers