Since September 5 Memphis has been idle. Their season-opening win over Arkansas State was a strong start. The betting on College Football break has allowed for preparation. Now the Tigers will face a strong SMU team on Saturday. Specifically, SMU is a hot pick to contend for the American Athletic Conference title. Last year these teams played one of the best games of the 2019 season. Memphis scored a 54-48 win on ABC prime time TV. Tigers quarterback Brady White threw for 350 yards and three touchdowns that night.
Memphis Tigers vs. SMU Mustangs NCAAF Information
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 3, 2020, 3:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Gerald J. Ford Stadium, Dallas, Texas|
|Memphis vs. SMU TV Coverage:||ESPN2|
Memphis Tigers vs. SMU Mustangs SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, Memphis is the more respected offshore bookmaker choice. SMU’s success is newer to the masses.
Memphis Tigers Team Overview
The first game action saw Memphis beat visiting Arkansas State 37-24. The Tigers failed to cover as 18-point favorites. Also paying was under a total of 72. It was the head coaching debut of Ryan Silverfield. Last year Silverfield was a top assistant for previous head coach Mike Norvell. Brady White was 27 of 37 for 280 yards and four touchdowns and a rating of 168.8. Sophomore running back Rodrigues Clark added 105 yards rushing with one touchdown on 20 carries. Senior tight end Sean Dykes was utterly dominant. To show he had 10 catches for 137 yards and two touchdowns.
SMU Mustangs Team Overview
SMU is 3-0 straight up, 2-1 against the spread, and 1-2 under the total. Last week the Mustangs scored a 50-7 win and cover over Stephen F Austin. Most important of all the Mustangs covered as 38.5-point home favorites. Under the total of 63.5 paid too. Senior quarterback Shane Buechele has a 164.5 rating with seven touchdowns, two interceptions, and 9.1 yards per pass.
Memphis Tigers at SMU Mustangs Betting Trends
The Tigers are:
- 6-3 against the spread in their last nine away games
- 5-2 over the total on the road
- 6-3 on the board on the road in October
- 9-1 over the total on the October road
- 4-6 vs. the odds in American Athletic Conference road games
- 5-2 over the total on the AAC road
- 6-0 vs. the line head to head with SMU
- 2-3 under the total vs. the Mustangs
The Mustangs are:
- 0-3 against the spread at home against Memphis
- 0-2 under the total when hosting the Tigers
- 5-2 vs. the odds in their last seven American Athletic Conference home games
- 5-3 over the total at home vs. the AAC
- 3-7 vs. the line in October home games
- 2-4 under the total at home in October action
- 6-2 on the board in their last eight home games
- 5-2 over the total on their home field
Memphis Tigers at SMU Mustangs SBG Free Picks
As was previously noted Memphis has dominated this series. SMU hasn’t shown strong Betting on College Football value in this situation. Until SMU can prove it’s on the Memphis level the Tigers rate the edge. It follows that the Mustangs are yet to prove they are real contenders.
Memphis Tigers vs. SMU Mustangs SBG Best Bet: Memphis Tigers