Texas coach Tom Herman faces the highest expectations in his tenure. Now in his fourth season, Herman’s program has flirted with greatness. But has not quite been able to close. Texas has been building for a breakout season. They have flirted with reaching the level of Big 12 power Oklahoma. “This is the year” is always the refrain of UT Fans. To be exact they aren’t alone in that 2020 expectations. Counter to that is a Texas Tech Team on the brink for College Football betting Games. An opening game escape against Houston Baptist raised alarms to new heights.
Texas Longhorns at Texas Tech Red Raiders
|Date and Time:||Saturday, September 26, 2020, 3:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Jones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock, Texas|
|Texas vs. Texas Tech TV Coverage:||FOX|
Texas Longhorns at Texas Tech Red Raiders SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, Texas is the vastly more popular online betting choice. Texas Tech has always lacked defense. But Houston Baptist took that reputation to new heights. Of course, Texas has always been a public program. Squares flock to them even in lean years. For this matchup, the Red Raiders have no public appeal. Which means that Texas has the potential of being an overlay.
Texas Longhorns Team Overview
The first game action saw Texas destroy UTEP 59-3 as 45-point home chalks. Over a total of 55.5 paid too. Senior quarterback Sam Ehlinger threw for 426 yards and two touchdowns. Ehlinger is being touted for All-Big 12 honors. At the very least. Defensively the Longhorns were terrible last year. New coordinator Chris Ash gets his first real test at Texas Tech.
Texas Tech Red Raiders Team Overview
The last time out for Texas Tech was a 35-33 home “win” over Houston Baptist. Tech had to stop a two-point conversion at the end to stave off overtime. More emphatically Houston Baptist is an unknown FCS team. Which does not bode well after a 4-8 record in 2019.
Texas Longhorns and Texas Tech Red Raiders Against the Spread
The Longhorns Are:
- 13-7 against the spread in their last 20 September away games
- 3-5 under the total in September away matchups
- 5-7 on the board in their last 12 games as a road favorite
- 3-7 under the total laying points on the road
- 7-4 with the line in their head to head series with Texas Tech
- 6-3 over the total in their last nine games with the Red Raiders
The Red Raiders Are:
- 14-5-1 against the spread in their last 20 September home games
- 3-5 under the total in September action at Jones AT&T Stadium
- 6-8 vs. the odds in their last 14 games as a home dog
- 6-0-2 over the total in their last eight games as a home dog
- 0-5 on the board in their last five games at Jones AT&T Stadium with Texas
- 1-4 under the total when hosting the Longhorns
Texas Longhorns vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders SBG Free Picks
As mentioned earlier Texas has ruled the College Football Betting Games payout window at Tech. If the Red Raiders couldn’t stop Houston Baptist how will they withstand Ehlinger? Second-year Tech coach Matt Wells may soon have a hot seat.
Longhorns vs. Red Raiders SBG Best Bet: Texas Tech Red Raiders