Syracuse coach Dino Babers has had some big moments in his tenure. A win over Clemson and a 10-3 record in 2018 are among them. So too did Babers’ 2018 team finish ranked 15th in the nation. Syracuse has regressed since then. A College Football betting Games opening loss at North Carolina didn’t inspire confidence. Pitt is coming off consecutive bowl seasons. Namely, Pat Narduzzi has made a coaching home there. A once revolving door has closed. Now the question is if Narduzzi can take the Panthers to the next level. Minor Bowls aren’t enough in a pro town.
Syracuse Orange vs. Pittsburgh Panthers
|Date and Time:||Saturday, September 19, 2020, Noon ET|
|Location:||Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Syracuse vs. Pittsburgh TV Coverage:||ACCN|
Syracuse Orange vs. Pittsburgh Panthers SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, Pitt will get the slight sports betting the public edge. Neither team is considered a national power. Both teams are known for minor bowl bids when they get them. Late on Pitt has played in an ACC championship game. Further, the Panthers have gone bowling in 11 of their last 12 seasons. Syracuse can’t match such cache in the eyes of the masses.
Syracuse Orange Team Overview
Last week Syracuse was worn down at North Carolina in a 31-6 loss. It was 10-6 after three quarters before the roof caved in. It follows that the score was inevitable. North Carolina outgained Syracuse 463-202. Still, Dino Babers believes he has a good team. Babers thinks it’s a matter of cleaning issues up.
Pittsburgh Panthers Team Overview
The first game of 2020 saw Pittsburgh maul Austin Peay 55-0. It follows that the results are what it was expected. To illuminate the Governors are an FCS (1-AA) team. It is true that the game was so out of hand that the third and fourth quarters were trimmed to 10- minutes. Quarterback Kenny Pickett threw for 277 yards and a touchdown. This week will be much more of a reality check on Pitt’s ability.
Syracuse Orange and Pittsburgh Panthers Against the Spread
The Orange Are:
- 4-6 against the spread in their last 10 away games
- 4-5 under the total on the road
- 5-1 on the board in September road tilts
- 3-5 under the total on the September road
- 3-8 vs. the line at Pitt
- 3-1 over the total in their last four visits to Heinz Field
- 4-5 with the odds in ACC road games
- 4-5 under the total in ACC away matchups
The Panthers Are:
- 7-4 against the spread in their last 11 ACC home tilts
- 4-5 under the total when hosting ACC opponents
- 5-2 with the odds in September home games
- 4-5-1 under the total in September at Heinz Field
- 7-4 on the board at home
- 2-5 under the total in their last seven home games
- 8-2-1 with the line in their head to head series with Syracuse
- 2-6 under the total in their last eight games with the Orange
Syracuse Orange vs. Pittsburgh Panthers SBG Free Picks
As has been noted Pitt has held the College Football Betting Games advantage with Syracuse. Furthermore, the Orange are in the red in away games. Accordingly, the Panthers have been a solid home team.
Syracuse Vs. Pittsburgh SBG Best Bet: Pitt Panthers