Eli Drinkwitz got his SEC baptism under fire on Saturday. Mizzou’s new coach debuted against the Alabama Crimson Tide. More emphatically Drinkwitz learned just how far behind Mizzou is to best. On the positive the Tigers did cover the College Football betting games number. Meanwhile Tennessee got out of South Carolina alive in their season opener. Coach Jeremy Pruitt didn’t get an artistic triumph. But he’ll gladly take a 1-0 start. Pruitt was recently extended as Tennessee head coach. Hopes are high that Big Orange is poised for a return to glory. Admittedly its been a lost decade at Knoxville.
Missouri Tigers vs. Tennessee Volunteers Betting Information
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 3, 2020, Noon ET|
|Location:||Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, Tennessee|
|Missouri vs. Tennessee TV Coverage:||SEC Network|
Missouri Tigers at Tennessee Volunteers SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, Tennessee will be the more appealing sportsbook public choice. Mizzou lost credibility with the masses long ago. Tennessee is a traditional SEC power. Balanced against that is their decade-plus of mediocrity. Otherwise, squares still believe in Tennessee more than Mizzou. Opening day results feed into that perspective for both teams.
Missouri Tigers Team Overview
Last week Mizzou lost to Alabama 38-19 as 28.5-point home dogs. Over the total of 55.5 paid too. Alabama toyed with the Tigers in a sloppy performance. To illuminate Bama held a 414-322 total yards advantage. Starting with a 35-3 Alabama lead was the game over early in the third. But Bama coach Nick Saban took his foot off the gas and left the back door open.
Tennessee Volunteers Team Overview
Fashion that Tennessee got a push in a 31-27 win at South Carolina as 4-point chalk. Over the total of 45.5 paid too. Tennessee outgained the Gamecocks 394-379. A clear difference was the Volunteers +2-turnover margin. Quarterback Jarrett Guarantano had a solid performance. To illustrate he was 19 of 31 for 259 yards and a touchdown. Linebackers Deandre Johnson added six tackles and 2.5 sacks with a forced fumble.
Missouri Tigers and Tennessee Volunteers Against the Spread
The Tigers Are:
- 2-6 against the spread on the SEC road
- 1-5 under the total when playing at SEC rivals
- 3-7 on the board in October away games
- 1-4 under the total on the road in October
- 3-7 vs. the odds as a road dog
- 4-8 under the total getting points away from home
- 5-3 vs. the line in their head to head series with Tennessee
- 3-1 over the total when facing the Volunteers
The Volunteers Are:
- 4-11 against the spread when hosting SEC rivals
- 6-3 over the total at home vs. the SEC
- 10-7 on the board in home October games
- 7-3 over the total at Neyland Stadium in October action
- 3-7 vs. the odds as a home chalk
- 3-7 under the total when favored at Neyland Stadium
- 1-3 vs. the line when hosting Ol’ Mizzou
- 4-0 over the total head to head at home against Missouri
Missouri Tigers vs. Tennessee Volunteers SBG Free Picks
In this situation, Mizzou may be an enhanced value for College Football betting games. Squares will flock to the Volunteers in this matchup. As was previously noted the Volunteers are not the best value in this role.
Tigers vs. Volunteers SBG Best Bet: Missouri Tigers