Compared to nearly all other schools Miami Ohio has been the model of patience. Head coach Doug Martin enters his sixth season with a record of 22-39. Few other coaches would still survive with such a record. It is true that Martin inherited one of the worst programs for college football betting games in 2014. Yet by today’s standards, this is a win or else season. Miami Ohio has a daunting opener at Iowa. Consider that the Hawkeyes are picked as one of the favorites to win Big Ten West Division. Martin’s seat should be hotter after this opener.
Miami Ohio Redhawks Vs. #20 Iowa Hawkeyes
|Date and Time:||Saturday, August 31, 7:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, Iowa|
|Miami Ohio vs. Iowa TV Coverage:||FS1|
Miami Ohio Redhawks vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Overview
Last year Miami finally avoided a losing season with college football betting games. The Redhawks finished 6-6 straight up, 8-4 vs. the line, and 7-5 over the total. It was a tale of two seasons that started with one win in five games. Following that was a record of 5-1 that likely saved Martin’s job. Iowa finished with a record of 9-4 straight up and 8-5 vs. the odds with nine overs. Head coach Kirk Ferentz enters his 21st season at the helm for Iowa. Specifically, he will become the longest-serving Hawkeye coach in program history this year.
Miami Brings Defense
On the whole, the defense has been the online betting asset of the Redhawks. Miami’s offense has consistently been among the worst in the nation. Of great concern is the loss of quarterback Gus Ragland to graduation. Jackson Williamson and AJ Mayer could split time in the first month of the season at QB.
Stanley Propels Hawkeyes
By contrast, the Hawkeyes will be led by senior quarterback Nate Stanley. Stanley threw for 26 touchdowns and a 136.5 rating in 2018. Additionally, he has thrown for over 5000 yards and 52 TD passes the past two seasons.
Miami Ohio and Iowa Against the Spread
The Redhawks are:
- 4-6 against the spread as a double-digit road dog
- 2-6 under the total as a dog of 10 or more points away from home
- 3-4 vs. the odds as a road dog
- 5-2 over the total getting points away from home
- 2-2 vs. the odds in games with Iowa
- 2-2 over and under with the Hawkeyes
The Hawkeyes are:
- 8-4 with the odds as a home favorite
- 3-8 under the total laying points at Kinnick Stadium
- 7-13 against the spread as a home favorite of 10 or more points
- 3-5 under the total as a Kinnick Stadium chalk of 10 points plus
- 2-1 against the line as a home favorite with Miami Ohio
- 2-1 over the total laying points at Kinnick Stadium against Miami Ohio
Miami Ohio vs. Iowa College Football Betting Games Picks
In this situation, the weak Miami offense will have the college football betting games disadvantage of facing a stout Hawkeyes defense. AJ Epenesa is the Big Ten’s top pass rusher and should maul the inexperienced Miami quarterbacks.
Miami Ohio vs. Iowa College Football Betting Games Pick: Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Ohio vs. Iowa College Football Betting Games Score Prediction: Iowa 38, Miami Ohio 10
Check out highlights of Iowa Sack Master AJ Epenesa!