What a difference a year makes. Commencing with 2020 is LSU’s dreaded date with the Football Gods. Bayou Bengal fans enjoyed betting on College Football perfection in 2019. A 15-0 national championship season is impossible to duplicate. Especially when your quarterback wins the Heisman Trophy. And your coach is named National Coach of the Year. LSU’s home loss to Mississippi State shows the party is over. Lightly regarded Vanderbilt’s close call at Texas A&M shows they may be a handful. Vandy was expected to get slaughtered at College Station. Instead, they nearly won. And perhaps even deserved the victory.
LSU Tigers at Vanderbilt Commodores
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 3, 2020, 7:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, Tennessee|
|LSU vs. Vanderbilt TV Coverage:||SEC Network|
LSU Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores SBG Odds Overview
Regardless of last week LSU is still much more of a name brand compared to Vanderbilt. Squares will expect an LSU sports betting bounce back. Public perception of Vanderbilt remains the lowest of any SEC team. Sharps will be careful based on the opening day results of each team.
LSU Tigers Team Overview
Starting with a 44-34 opening day loss is LSU back to reality. Mississippi State was a 14.5-point road dog. As the game progressed it was obvious the wrong team was favored. LSU was outgained 632-435 in total yards. And was unable to take advantage of four Bulldog turnovers. Namely, Myles Brennan was no Joe Burrow as Tigers quarterback. He was 27 of 46 for 345 yards with three touchdowns but two interceptions.
Vanderbilt Commodores Team Overview
Vanderbilt was a 31.5-point dog at Texas A&M. In turn their 17-12 loss and cover was quite a surprise. Under a total of 46.5 was a winner as well. Vandy forced three Aggies turnovers but lacked the offense to finish. To show freshman quarterback Ken Seals was 20-29 for 150 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions. Coach Derrick Mason’s charges showed far better than expected.
LSU Tigers and Vanderbilt Commodores Betting Trends
The Tigers are:
- 5-4 against the spread in October away games
- 4-6 under the total in when on the road in October
- 5-2-1 vs. the odds an away chalk
- 4-1 over the total laying points on the road
- 7-2-1 on the board in SEC away games
- 4-2 over the total at SEC rivals
- 3-1 vs. the line head to head with Vanderbilt
- 1-4 under the total head to head with the Commodores
The Commodores are:
- 1-5 against the spread at home in October
- 2-3 under the total in October home games
- 1-8 vs. the line in their last nine as a home dog
- 3-2 over the total when getting points at home
- 3-8 on the board when hosting SEC rivals
- 2-4 under the total at home vs. the SEC
- 0-3 with the odds when hosting LSU
- 1-2 under the total at home vs. the Bayou Bengals
LSU Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores SBG Free Picks
On this occasion, LSU will be playing with fire. Counter to that is a Vanderbilt team that maxed out at Texas A&M. Despite their loss the Bayou Bengals are the vastly more talented team. As mentioned earlier they show good betting on College Football value in this situation.
Tigers vs. Commodores SBG Best Bet: LSU Tigers