Above all the Gus Bus rolls on. Somehow Auburn coach Gus Malzahn survives. Malzahn has taken Auburn fans on the ultimate NCAA Football betting roller coaster ride. He has been “fired” numerous times. Only to escape the firing squad with miraculous wins. Which are offset by inexplicable losses. To illustrate 2019 is a great example. Malzahn’s Tigers beat hated Alabama in the Iron Bowl. The next time out the goodwill was wasted in an Outback Bowl loss to Minnesota. Kentucky will visit Auburn Saturday in the 2020 season opener. Coach Mark Stoops has elevated the UK significantly.
Kentucky Wildcats vs. Auburn Tigers
|Date and Time:||Saturday, September 26, 2020, Noon ET|
|Location:||Jordan Hare Stadium, Auburn Alabama|
|Kentucky vs. Auburn TV Coverage:||SEC Network|
Kentucky Wildcats vs. Auburn Tigers Overview
Compared to Kentucky the Auburn Tigers are a bigger brand. Kentucky is known as a basketball school. Despite their recent sports betting improvement under Stoops. Sharps appreciate Auburn much more than squares. Also, more knowledgeable gamblers are aware of Auburn’s erratic ways. To differentiate Auburn will have the raw material advantage. Kentucky is a developmental program. They make more out of less. Public money prefers the flashier Auburn team. Commencing with that is hidden wagering value on the Wildcats.
Kentucky Wildcats Team Overview
Most important of all coach Mark Stoops has elevated Kentucky recruiting. Stoops uses his vast Ohio ties to get good players that were turned away by Ohio State. More emphatically Kentucky will take less celebrated players. Once in the UK, the coaches develop these players into SEC level talent. Kentucky is coming off four consecutive bowl games. Stoops needed time and the UK was smart enough to grant it.
Auburn Tigers Team Overview
Last year freshman quarterback Bo Nix gained valuable playing time. So too came the confidence of wins over Oregon and Alabama. Nix went through the pains of on the job training. Following that should come greater polish. Malzahn has recruited well in his time on the plains. Defensively the Tigers have plenty of depth and talent.
Kentucky Wildcats vs. Auburn Tigers Against the Spread
The Wildcats are:
- 4-7 against the spread in September away games
- 2-7 under the total in September when playing on the road
- 4-5 vs. the line as a road dog
- 2-7 under the total as a road pup
- 5-6 on the board at SEC opponents
- 1-7 under the total when at SEC rivals
- 1-1 with the odds at Auburn
- 1-1 over and under at the Tigers
The Tigers are:
- 1-2-1 on the board against Kentucky
- 4-1 over the total head to head with the Wildcats
- 5-3 against the spread in September home action
- 3-7 under the total at home in September games
- 7-2 with the odds as a home chalk
- 4-3 over the total in their last seven games as home chalk
- 9-4-1 with the number at home against SEC rivals
- 4-1 over the total when hosting SEC rivals
Kentucky Wildcats vs. Auburn Tigers NCAA Football Betting Picks
As mentioned earlier Auburn has been a reliable NCAA Football Betting home chalk. Furthermore, they have been profitable in SEC home games. Counter to that is Kentucky trends in the red for this situation.
Wildcats vs. Tigers SBG Best Bet: Auburn Tigers