College football coaching success often comes down to fit. There have been concerns about Texas Tech’s Matt Wells not being at home in Lubbock. Wells was a hot College Football betting games hire after his success at Utah State. Specifically, Wells was expected to make the Red Raiders a more complete team. Previous coach Kliff Kingsbury fielded half of a squad. Kingsbury’s teams were all offense and no defense. However, Wells’ program is only marginally improved defensively. While the offense has taken a step back. Oklahoma uses a similar style to Kingsbury’s. OU has prolific offenses as the defense is an afterthought.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders Betting Information
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 31, 2020, 8 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Jones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock, Texas|
|Oklahoma at Texas Tech TV Coverage:||FOX|
Oklahoma Sooners at Texas Tech Red Raiders SBG Odds Overview
Despite Texas Tech’s online betting win over West Virginia OU figures to draw most of the handle here.
Oklahoma Sooners Team Overview
Last Saturday Oklahoma beat TCU 33-14 as 6.5-point road favorites with the game going under 59. OU outgained the Horned Frogs 498-351 in total yards. Quarterback Spencer Rattler threw for 332 yards and two touchdown passes. As a result, the Sooners are 3-2 straight up, against the spread, and over the total. Oklahoma ranks 12th in the nation for offense and 14th for scoring. Defensively the Sooners rank 27th overall and 43rd for points allowed.
Texas Tech Red Raiders Team Overview
Saturday Texas Tech got a 34-27 home win over West Virginia as 2.5-point home dogs. So too did the game go over 54. Texas Tech was outgained 438-348. But Tech won on a 56-yard touchdown fumble return by Zach McPherson with 8:44 left to play.
As a result of the win, the Red Raiders snapped a three-game losing streak. Now Texas Tech is 2-3 straight up, against the spread and under the total. Texas Tech ranks 31st in the nation for overall offense and 45th for scoring. Defensively Texas Tech ranks 89th overall and 84th for points allowed.
Oklahoma Sooners at Texas Tech Red Raiders Against the Spread
The Sooners are:
- Only 13 payouts in their last 32 games
- 8-14 against the spread in Big 12 games
- 12-17 vs. the odds when favored
- 3-6 on the board as road chalk
- 20-11 over the total
- 16-7 over the total against Big 12 rivals
- 6-4 over the number on the road
- 5-3 with the number against Texas Tech
- 8-1 over the total head to head with the Red Raiders
The Red Raiders are:
- 5-1 against the spread at home versus Oklahoma
- 4-0 over the total at Jones AT&T Stadium against the Sooners
- 13-14 on the board overall
- 4-2-1 vs. the odds as home dogs
- 15-11 over the total in their last 26 games
- Only 3 games under in their last 14 at home
- 12-7 over the total against Big 12 rivals
Oklahoma Sooners at Texas Tech Red Raiders SBG Free Picks
As was previously noted Texas Tech brings good College Football Betting Games value against OU. And then Oklahoma has been in the red for several seasons.
Sooners at Red Raiders SBG Best Bet: Texas Tech Red Raiders