At the beginning of the season, Iowa State was a hot betting on College Football futures pick. Coach Matt Campbell led the Cyclones to their best three-year period in over 40 years. Quarterback Brock Purdy has gained national acclaim. In fact, Purdy is touted as an All American and Heisman Trophy candidate. All of which makes their opening loss to Louisiana so disturbing. Namely, Gary Patterson is the most successful TCU coach in history. Patterson has seen his program’s record steadily decline in the past four years. All of which makes the 2020 campaign full of high stakes.
Iowa State Cyclones vs. TCU Horned Frogs
|Date and Time:||Saturday, September 26, 2020, 1:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, Texas|
|Iowa State vs. TCU TV Coverage:||FS1|
Iowa State Cyclones vs. TCU Horned Frogs SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, the Cyclones and Horned Frogs look like relatively equal teams. Public offshore betting perception is even for both sides. Before their game, one loss Iowa State may have had more cache. Now that is out the window.
Iowa State Cyclones Team Overview
The last time out for ISU was a 31-14 loss to Louisiana as 14.5-point home chalk. Under the total of 56 paid too. What was most alarming for the Cyclones was just how they were dominated. To illustrate Iowa State was shut out in the second half. Purdy was rendered helpless with 16 of 25 for 145 yards passing and an interception.
TCU Horned Frogs Team Overview
The first game of the season means TCU has a chance for renewal. Patterson has caught some heat for the recent dry spell. Specifically, he has recommitted to player development. Patterson has recruited well in the fertile state of Texas which helps. In the same way, the Horned Frogs are eager to right the ship for 2020.
Iowa State and TCU Horned Frogs Betting Trends
The Cyclones are:
- 11-5 against the spread in their last 16 away games
- 1-12-1 under the total in road matchups
- 7-4 with the odds in September away games
- 1-12 under the total in their last 13 September road tilts
- 9-3 on the board in Big 12 away games
- 1-10-1 under the total at the Big 12
- 4-0 vs. the line in their last four games with the Horned Frogs
- 1-6 under the total head to head with TCU
The Horned Frogs are:
- 0-2 against the spread in their last two home games with Iowa State
- 0-3 under the total when hosting the Cyclones
- 5-12 against the odds at home vs. Big 12 opponents
- 4-2 over the total when hosting Big 12 teams
- 2-8 on the board in September home games
- 9-3 over the total in September when playing at home
- 3-9 with the line in their last 12 home games
- 4-2 over the total at Amon G Carter Stadium
Iowa State Cyclones vs. TCU Horned Frogs SBG Free Picks
As was previously noted TCU has shown poor Betting on College Football value in this situation. Iowa State has had a couple of weeks to regroup. Hence Purdy and the Cyclones can be expected to show improvement.
Cyclones vs. Horned Frogs SBG Best Bet: Iowa State Cyclones