At the onset of last week, the Iowa Hawkeyes were touted as a serious threat at Michigan. Michigan’s offense was terrible as always but their defense suffocated Iowa in a 10-3 stone age triumph. Most important of all was that Iowa was exposed as the second rate. It was quite apparent that the Hawkeyes lacked the speed and athletic ability to make a serious threat. By contrast, Penn State has emerged as one of the top surprises for College Football betting Games. The Nittany Lions are a highly talented national playoff contender. However, Iowa is lethally dangerous at home.
Penn State Nittany Lions Vs. Iowa Hawkeyes
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 12, 2019, 7:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, Iowa|
|Penn State vs. Iowa TV Coverage:||ESPN|
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Overview
Now Iowa has an offshore betting record of 4-1 straight up, 2-3 vs. the odds, and 1-3-1 under the total. The Hawkeyes plodding offense ranks 81st for scoring offense. Counter to that is a nasty defense ranked third in the country.
Penn State is 5-0 straight up, 3-2 vs. the odds, and 2-3 under the total. Last week the Nittany Lions posted a 35-7 home win over Purdue as 28.5-point overlays. Specifically, the Nits rank sixth nationally for total offense and second for points allowed. What tabbed as a rebuilding team has become one of the most complete in the land.
Key Nittany Lions: QB Sean Clifford (1443 YDS, 67% COMP, 10.7 AVG, 12 5D, 2 INT, 7 SACK, 182.9 RTG), RB Journey Brown (31 RSH, 217 YDS, 7.0 AVG, 3 TD), WR KJ Hamler (19 REC, 394 YDS, 20.7 AVG, 4 TD)
Key Hawkeyes: QB Nate Stanley (1225 YDS, 61.9% COMP, 7.7 AVG, 8 TD, 3 INT, 14 SACK, 138.9 AVG), RB Mekhi Sargent (61 RSH, 311 YDS, 5.1 AVG, 2 TD), WR Ihmir Smith Marsette (19 REC, 314 YDS, 16.5 AVG, 3 TD)
Penn State and Iowa Against the Spread
The Nittany Lions Are:
- 9-5 against the spread in their last 14 away games
- 6-2 over the total on the road
- 5-4 with the number head to head with Iowa
- 4-6 under the total vs. the Hawkeyes
- 8-5 on the board when visiting Big Ten opponents
- 5-3 over the total at Big Ten schools
The Hawkeyes Are:
- 10-4-1 vs. the line as a home dog
- 3-4 against the spread in their last seven games at Kinnick Stadium
- 4-3-1 over the total at home
- 2-4 with the odds at home against Big Ten schools
- 3-5 under the total when hosting Big Ten opponents
- 4-1 on the board when hosting Penn State
- 3-2 over the total at Kinnick Stadium against the Nittany Lions
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Iowa Hawkeyes College Football Betting Games Picks
As was previously noted Iowa is one of the most dangerous home dogs for College Football Betting Games. Additionally, they have the proven ability to get the money against Penn State. Defense and the Kinnick Stadium crowd should help the Hawkeyes prevail.
Penn State Vs. Iowa College Football Betting Games Pick: Iowa Hawkeyes
Penn State Vs. Iowa College Football Betting Games Score Prediction: Iowa 34, Penn State 31