In short PJ Fleck is on a very different wavelength. Minnesota’s head coach is often derided for his slogans and gimmicks. However, nobody is deriding Fleck after last week’s epic and signature win over Penn State. Fleck is making history. Minnesota hasn’t been this good since the early 1900s when they were playing high school teams. Yet the Golden Gophers are College Football betting for Saturday at Iowa. Specifically, Kinnick Stadium is where championship dreams go to die. Iowa lacks an explosive offense but brings solid defense to the matchup. Can Minnesota maintain its intensity and not let down?
Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes
|Date and Time:||Saturday, November 16, 2019, ET, 3:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, Iowa|
|Minnesota vs. Iowa TV Coverage:||FOX|
Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Overview
Now the Golden Gophers have a sportsbook record of 9-0 straight up, 6-2-1 vs. the odds and 6-3 over the total. Minnesota has national metrics of 15th for scoring offense and 14th for total defense.
By contrast, Iowa is 6-3 straight up, 4-5 vs. the line and 2-6-1 under. The Hawkeyes rank 97th for scoring offense but fourth for points allowed.
Key Golden Gophers: QB Tanner Morgan (2100 YDS, 67.9 COMP, 10.9 AVG, 21 TD, 4 INT, 17 SACK, 191 RTG), RB Rodney Smith (172 ATT, 940 YDS, 5.5 AVG, 7 TD), WR Rashod Bateman (38 REC, 847 YDS, 22.3 AVG, 7 TD), PK Michael Lantz (36-38 XP, 5-8 FG), LB Carter Coughlin (36 TACKLES, 4.5 SACKS), DB Antoine Winfield Jr (54 TACKLES, 2 SACKS, 7 INT, 1 TD)
Key Hawkeyes: QB Nate Stanley (2158 YDS, 60.7% COMP, 7.4 AVG, 12 TD, 5 INT, 19 SACKS, 133.4 RTG), RB Mekhi Sargent (102 ATT, 464 YDS, 4.5 AVG, 4 TD), WR Ihmir Smith Marsette (33 REC, 490 YDS, 14.8 AVG, 3 TD), WR Tyrone Tracy Jr (22 REC, 436 YDS, 19.8, 3 TD), PK Keith Duncan (19-19 FG, 22-25 FG), DB Jack Koerner 50 TACKLES), DE AJ Espenesa (4.5 SACKS)
Minnesotan and Iowa vs. The Line
The Golden Gophers are:
- 4-2-1 against the spread in their last seven road games
- 7-2-1 over the total away from home
- 5-2 vs. the line head to head with Iowa
- 3-7 under the total in their series with the Hawkeyes
- 4-2 on the board in their last six games at Big Ten opponents
- 6-2-1 over the total on the road against the Big Ten
The Hawkeyes are:
- 2-5 against the spread in their last seven games at Kinnick Stadium
- 2-5-1 under the total when playing at home
- 2-3 vs. the odds when hosting the Golden Gophers
- 1-4 under the total at Kinnick Stadium vs. Minnesota
- 2-6 on the board at home vs. Big Ten teams
- 2-6 under the total when hosting Big Ten opponents
Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes College Football Betting Picks
In this situation, we have a Minnesota team that remains an underrated College Football Betting play. As was previously noted the Golden Gophers have good value at Iowa and on the road. Furthermore, the Hawkeyes have seen their home vale deplete.
Minnesota vs. Iowa College Football Betting Prediction: Minnesota Golden Gophers
Minnesota vs. Iowa College Football Betting Score Prediction: Minnesota 21, Iowa 20