At the onset of the season, Michigan was touted as the team to beat in the Big Ten. Head coach Jim Harbaugh hired Josh Gattis as the new offensive coordinator. The move was hailed as a betting on College Football difference-maker. Gattis promised to open things up. However, Harbaugh hired Gattis over the phone without an interview or board session. Nor did he bother with a background check. To be exact Alabama’s Nick Saban told Gattis to get lost last year. Now Harbaugh is stuck holding an empty bag. Michigan’s offense is stuck in the muck.
Michigan Wolverines vs. Illinois Fighting Illini
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 12, 2019, Noon ET|
|Location:||Memorial Stadium, Champaign, Illinois|
|Michigan Vs. Illinois TV Coverage:||ABC|
Michigan Wolverines Vs. Illinois Fighting Illini Overview
Michigan has a sportsbook record of 4-1 straight up, 2-3 vs. the odds, and 3-2 over the total. Last week the Wolverines beat Iowa in a 10-3 stone age battle. Defensive coordinator Don Brown’s nasty defense was the difference. Of great concern is a Gattis offense ranked 92nd in the nation.
By contrast, Illinois is 2-3 straight up and against the spread with three under. The Illini were run off the field at Minnesota 40-17 last week. Illinois is not making progress in head coach Lovie Smith’s fourth year. Consider that they rank 103rd for total offense and 97th for defense. Smith had made little progress in his tenure and is supposed to be a defensive mastermind.
Key Wolverines: QB Shea Patterson (1052 YDS, 58% COMP, 7.6 AVG, 6 TD, 3 INT, 11 SACK, 131.8 RTG), RB Zach Charbonnet (61 RSH, 260 YDS, 4.3 AVG, 4 TD), WR Nico Collins (13 REC, 269 YDS, 20.7 AVG, 2 TD)
Key Fighting Illini: QB Brandon Peters (797 YDS, 58% COMP, 6.3 AVG, 10 TD, 4 INT, 11 SACK, 130.7 RTG), RB Reggie Corbin (58 RSH, 382 YDS, 6.6 AVG, 3 TD), WR Josh Imatorbhebhe (15 REC, 220 YDS, 14.7 AVG, 4 TD)
Michigan and Illinois Betting Trends
The Wolverines are:
- 2-7-1 against the spread on in their last 10 away games
- 3-5 under the total on the road
- 1-5 on the board in road games vs. Big Ten schools
- 3-4 under the total in away games with the Big Ten
- 2-4 with the line in their head to head series with Illinois
- 2-6 under the total in their head to head series with the Illini
The Fighting Illini are:
- 7-13 against the spread in their last 20 home games
- 5-2 over the total at Memorial Stadium
- 4-12 on the board at home against Big Ten schools
- 5-1 over the total when hosting Big Ten opponents
- 2-3 with the odds at home against Michigan
- 0-4 under the total in at Memorial Stadium vs. the Wolverines
Michigan Wolverines vs. Illinois Fighting Illini Betting on College Football Picks
In this situation, Illinois should be a potential betting on college football value. Michigan is appearing to be the ultimate name brand overlay in this one. Their offense has not shown the dependability to cover a big lay like this one.
Michigan Vs. Illinois Betting on College Football Pick: Michigan Wolverines
Michigan Vs. Illinois Betting on College Football Score Prediction: Michigan 27, Illinois 10