In view of what he took over in 2016, Hawaii head coach Nick Rolovich has done a remarkable job. Rolovich took over a demoralized program that was losing games and fans. Most important of all the Rainbow Warriors had no College Football betting appeal. Now in his fourth season, Rolovich will lead his Hawaii team to the Mountain West Conference Championship Game. Perennial power Boise State will host the matchup on the famed blue carpet of Albertson’s Stadium. To be exact no program commands more respect in the Mountain than the Broncos. Boise State’s brand carries cache with gamblers.
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors vs. Boise State Broncos
|Date and Time:||Saturday, December 7, 2019, 4 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Albertson Stadium, Boise, Idaho|
|Hawaii vs. Boise State TV Coverage:||ESPN|
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors vs. Boise State Broncos Overview
Boise State has an offshore betting record of 11-1 straight up. 6-5-1 vs. the odds, and 6-6 on totals. Overall national metrics have the Broncos ranked 13th for scoring offense and 27th for points allowed. Boise State is ranked 20th in the country.
Counter to that is a Hawaii record of 9-4 straight up, 7-6 vs. the line, and 8-5 over the total. The Rainbow Warriors rank 11th for total offense but 98th for points allowed.
Key Rainbow Warriors: QB Cole McDonald (3401 YDS, 64.8% COMP, 7.9 AVG, 29 TD, 13 INT, 12 SACKS, 147.5 RTG), RB Miles Reed (152, 804 YDS, 5.3 AVG, 7 TD), WR Cedric Byrd II (91 REC, 1049 YDS, 11.5, 10 TD), PK Ryan Meskell (58-58 XP, 8-14 FG), LB Solomon Matautia (68 TACKLES, 1 SACKS, 2 INT, 1 TD)
Key Broncos: QB Hank Bachmeier (1760 YDS, 63.2% COMP, 9.1 AVG, 9 TD, 4 INT, 15 SACKS, 151.1 RTG), RB George Halani (165 ATT, 911 YDS, 5.5 AVG, 7 TD), WR John Hightower (45 REC, 859 YDS, 19.1 AVG, 7 TD), Eric Sachse (56-57 XP, 13-15 FG), LB Curtis Weaver (47 TACKLES, 13.5 SACKS, 1 INT)
Hawaii and Boise State vs. The Line
The Rainbow Warriors are:
- 4-2 against the spread in their last six away games
- 2-7 under the total on the road
- 5-4 on the board against in their last nine Mountain West Conference games
- 5-2 over the total when playing Mountain West Conference opponents
- 0-3 vs. the odds at Boise State
- 1-3 under the total at Alberton Stadium vs. the Broncos
The Broncos are:
- 6-0 against the spread in their last six meetings with Hawaii
- 4-2 over the total vs. the Rainbow Warriors
- 6-2 against the spread in their last eight games at Alberton Stadium
- 8-3 on the board in their last 11 games vs. Mountain West Conference teams
- 3-8 under the total vs. the Mountain West Conference
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors vs. Boise State Broncos College Football Betting Picks
In this situation, Hawaii’s lack of defense is a definite College Football Betting Liability. Boise State needs “style points” to assure an excellent bowl berth. To illuminate the Broncos are a much more complete team than the Rainbow Warriors. As was previously noted Boise State owns this head to head series.
Hawaii vs. Boise State College Football Betting Prediction: Boise State Broncos
Hawaii vs. Boise State College Football Betting Score Prediction: Boise State 42, Hawaii 20