The University of Kansas is a proud basketball school. Yet KU administrators and fans learned a tough lesson several years ago. When it comes to conference realignment football is the engine. Back then Kansas almost dropped to group of five betting on College Football status. Cause by its football program being so utterly worthless. Second-year coach Les Miles is gaining no traction. This week the Jayhawks host Iowa State. ISU is a great example of a school that overcame a losing history. Coach Matt Campbell has transformed expectations. As a result, Iowa State is respected by gamblers.
Iowa State Cyclones vs. Kansas Jayhawks Betting Information
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 31, 2020, 12:05 PM ET.|
|Location:||David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, Lawrence, Kansas|
|Iowa State vs. Kansas TV Coverage:||FS1|
Iowa State Cyclones at Kansas Jayhawks SBG Odds Overview
On this occasion, Kansas will be a tough Offshore bookmaker sell. Squares want nothing to do with the Jayhawks. Kansas is a classic “go against” team on the board. Counter to that is a Cyclones team that has earned respect. Despite last week’s loss at Oklahoma State, the fact remains ISU has equity with the public. Consistent with that is the big number for this game. Oddsmakers know where public opinion lies for this matchup. Live betting should draw additional handle because of that big spread.
Iowa State Cyclones Team Overview
Last week Iowa State lost at Oklahoma State 24-21 as 2.5-point dogs with the game going over 54. ISU is 3-2 straight up, 2-3 against the spread and 2-3 under the total. ISU ranks 47th overall for offense and 56th for scoring. And then defensively Iowa State ranks 44th overall and 44th for points allowed.
Kansas Jayhawks Team Overview
Now Kansas is 0-5 straight up, 0-5 against the spread with 4-0 over the total. KU has national offensive rankings of 93rd overall and 93rd for scoring. In like manner, Kansas ranks 70th for defense and 98th for points allowed. Kansas is coming off a 55-14 debacle at Kansas State. Les Miles program seems worse than one year ago.
Iowa State Cyclones at Kansas Jayhawks Betting Trends
The Cyclones are:
- 11-9-1 on the board against Big 12 rivals
- 13 payouts in their last 30 games
- 6-13 vs. the odds as chalk
- Just 11 overs in their last 30 games
- Over the total in nine of their last 21 Big 12 games
- Three overs in their last 11 away games
- Eight covers in their last 12 games against Kansas
- 1-7 under the total head to head against KU
The Jayhawks are:
- 12-16 against the spread overall
- 9-12 on the board against Big 12 opponents
- 5-10 vs. the odds in home games
- Under in just 12 of their last 28 overall games
- Only nine under in their last 23 games as a dog
- 2-3 vs. the odds at home against Iowa State
- 0-3 under the total in their series with the Cyclones
Iowa State Cyclones at Kansas Jayhawks SBG Free Picks
In this situation, Kansas would normally be a betting on College Football contrarian consideration. But the Jayhawks are so bad that sharps can’t even get the nerve. Look for Iowa State to roar back after a loss.
Cyclones at Jayhawks SBG Best Bet: Iowa State Cyclones