A clear difference can be seen between the Pac 12 and other Power Five conferences. Without question, the Pac 12 has degenerated into the least respected league of the Power Five. However, there are a couple of Pac 12 programs that still garner college football betting respect. Washington remains a legitimate contender for the College Football Playoff. Head coach Chris Petersen elevated the Huskies program to its highest level in a generation. To show U-Dub made the 2016 College Football Playoff. By contrast, the Cal Bears are an aspiring program that is improved. But Cal still has far to go.
California Golden Bears vs. Washington Huskies
|Date and Time:||Saturday, September 7, 2019, 10:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Husky Stadium, Seattle, Washington|
|California vs. Washington TV Coverage:||FS1|
California Golden Bears vs. Washington Huskies Overview
Last week Washington posted a 47-14 college football betting home payout over Eastern Washington. Since EWU is a 1-AA program the merits and worth of the win remain in question. Namely Georgia transfer quarterback Jacob Eason impressed (27/36, 349 YDS, 4 TD, 0 INT, 193.1 RTG). It was a great start but the Cal defense will bring a much tougher challenge. By contrast, the Golden Bears scored a lackluster 27-13 home win over UC Davis as 14.5-point overlays. Quarterback Chase Garbers (16/28, 238 YDS, 8.5 AVG, 2 TD, 1 INT, 145 RTG) was solid.
U-Dub Reloads with Eason
Embracing optimism for Washington this year is the arrival of Eason. Long-time starter Jake Browning regressed in his last two seasons at U-Dub. True, he lacked a strong and deep supporting cast but his production drop was alarming. In view of Eason’s skills does Washington become a potentially serious online wagering value. Counter to Eason is Cal running back Christopher Brown Jr (36 ATT, 197 YDS, 5.5 YPC, 1 TD).
California and Washington Vs. The Line
The Golden Bears are:
- 6-3 against the spread as a road dog
- 1-6 under the total getting points on the road
- 11-4 vs. the line in games against the Pac 12 Conference
- 2-9 under the total vs. Pac 12 teams
- 5-1 against the board on the road in Pac 12 matchups
- 1-7 under the total in away matchups vs. the Pac 12
- 4-9 with the odds in games with Washington
- 1-9 under the total when matched up with the Huskies
The Huskies are:
- 3-6 vs. the line as a home favorite
- 3-4 under the total laying points at home
- 2-7 versus the board in Pac 12 games
- 3-7 under the total in matchups with the Pac 12
- 4-8 against the number in home games with Pac 12 teams
- 5-3 over the total in-home Pac 12 matchups
- 4-2 against the spread at Husky Stadium against Cal
- 0-5 under the total at home when playing the Golden Bears
California vs. Washington College Football Betting Picks
It follows that Washington will be a popular college football betting choice after last week’s respective results. In comparison, Cal lacks the offensive firepower of the Huskies in this matchup. As mentioned earlier the Golden Bears have not brought value in their series with U-Dub.
California Golden Bears vs. Washington Huskies College Football Betting Prediction: Washington Huskies
California Golden Bears vs. Washington Huskies College Football Betting Score Prediction: Washington 31, Cal 17
Check out Jacob Eason’s great debut at Washington!