The closest thing you’ll ever see to a college football expansion team is Coastal Carolina. However, the Chanticleers are making rapid progress. Opening day saw Coastal Carolina post a dominant road win at Kansas. While the Jayhawks are a bad Big 12 team, they’re still Big 12. And were touted as a team on the come for 2020. Coastal Carolina’s College Football betting win over Arkansas State was just as impressive. Meanwhile, Louisiana gained national respect with an opening day win at Iowa State. All of which makes Wednesday’s ESPN matchup a potential hidden gem.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
|Date and Time:||Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 7:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Cajun Field, Lafayette, Louisiana|
|Coastal Carolina vs. Louisiana TV Coverage:||ESPN|
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at Louisiana Ragin Cajuns SBG Odds Overview
In view of Louisiana beating Iowa State they’ll bring more sportsbook cache. Coastal Carolina is not even known by most squares. In a matchup of Sun Belt opponents, the Cajuns are the relative name brand.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Team Overview
Last time out for Coastal Carolina was a 52-23 win over Arkansas State as 3.5-point home dogs. Over the total of 64.5 paid as well. As a result, the Chanticleers are 3-0 straight up, 2-1 vs. the line and 3-0 over the total. Nationally Coastal Carolina ranks fourth for scoring offense and 20th for points allowed. Quarterback Grayson McCall has a 207.7 rating with nine touchdowns and one interception. And then wideout Jaivon Heiligh averages 18.3 yards per catch with three touchdowns.
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns Team Overview
Previously Louisiana beat Georgia Southern 20-18 as 11.5-point home chalk. Under the total of 49 won too. A bye followed the victory. In sum, the Ragin Cajuns are 3-0 straight up but 1-2 vs. the odds with two unders. Louisiana has national metrics of 51st for scoring offense and 18th for points allowed. Running back Elijah Mitchell has powered to 210 yards, 8.8 yards per carry with two touchdowns.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at Louisiana Ragin Cajuns Vs. The Line
The Chanticleers are:
- 10-4 against the spread on the road
- 6-5 on the board after a win
- 14-13 with the odds in their last 27 overall games
- 7-10 vs. the odds in Sun Belt Conference games
- 9-4 over the total on the road
- 15-11 over the total in their last 26 games
- 9-8 over the total vs. Sun Belt Conference rivals
- 7-3 over the total when coming off a win
The Ragin Cajuns are:
- 8-5 against the spread in their last 13 home games
- 19-12 vs. the odds in their last 31 overall games
- 11-9 vs. the line in Sun Belt Conference action
- Home team 2-0 against the spread with Coastal Carolina
- 0-2 under the total with the Chanticleers
- 9-10 under the total following a win
- Just 14 of their last 31 games went over the total
- 5-8 under the number as a home team
- 7-13 under against Sun Belt Conference rivals
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at Louisiana Ragin Cajuns SBG Free Picks
As was previously noted Coastal Carolina has been a strong College Football Betting road value. Grayson McCall could be the difference-maker. McCall has emerged as one of the Sun Belt’s top quarterbacks.
Chanticleers at Ragin Cajuns SBG Best Bet: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers