At the onset of the season, Clemson was established as the favorite to win the Atlantic Coast Conference. Head coach Dabo Swinney’s team was also a College Football betting favorite to repeat as national champions. Although Clemson is undefeated, they look like a team that has been reading their own headlines. The sloppy play has been the story for them. Fortunately for the Tigers, their loaded roster of top recruits has been able to overcome that. Counter to that is a Florida State team that is digging out from a bad start. Backup quarterback Alex Hornibrook has triggered FSU’s resurgence.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Clemson Tigers
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 12, 2019, 3:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Memorial Stadium, Clemson, South Carolina|
|Florida State vs. Clemson TV Coverage:||ABC|
Florida State Seminoles vs. Clemson Tigers Overview
Florida State has an online betting record of 3-2 straight up, 2-2-1 against the spread with three overs. Late on the Seminoles have won two in a row. FSU is coming off a bye that followed a 31-13 home payout over North Carolina State. Of great concern is a defense ranked 109th in the nation.
Counter to that is a Clemson team that is 5-0 straight up, 3-2 with the odds, and 2-3 under the total. The last time out for the Tigers was a 21-20 escape act at North Carolina as 27.5 overlays. A bye week followed. Specifically, the erratic play of Lawrence has been a point of frustration. The nation’s fourth-ranked defense remains a key asset.
Key Seminoles: QB Alex Hornibrook (571 YDS, 73% COMP, 9.5 AVG, 5 TD, 0 INT, 8 SACK 180.8 RTG), RB Cam Akers (115 RSH, 582 YDS, 5.1 AVG, 7 TD), WR Tamorrion Terry (21 REC, 384 YDS, 18.3 AVG, 4 TD)
Key Tigers: QB Trevor Lawrence (1131 YDS, 62% COMP, 8.3 AVG, 8 TD, 5 INT, 143.7 RTG), RB Travis Etienne (67 RSH, 462 YDS, 6.9 AVG, 5 TD), WR Tee Higgins (22 REC, 505 YDS, 23.0 AVG, 3 TD)
Florida State and Clemson vs. The Line
The Seminoles are:
- 2-7-1 against the spread in their last 10 away games
- 7-1 over the total away from home
- 4-10 on the board in their head to head series with Clemson
- 8-3 over the total in their last 11 games with the Tigers
- 1-6-2 with the odds in Atlantic Coast Conference away games
- 5-1 over the total in ACC road games
The Tigers are:
- 4-6 against the spread in their last 10 games at Death Valley
- 4-2 over the total at home
- 6-2 with the odds at Death Valley against the Seminoles
- 4-1 over the total head to head at home against Florida State
- 4-5-1 on the board at home against Atlantic Coast Conference teams
- 3-6 under the total when hosting ACC opponents
Florida State Seminoles vs. Clemson Tigers College Football Betting Picks
As was previously noted Clemson has been a strong college football betting value hosting Florida State. Furthermore, the Seminoles have been a terrible road value. The week off came at the right time for Clemson as it helped them refocus. Florida State remains a work in progress and lacks the deep lineup of the Tigers.
Florida State vs. Clemson College Football Betting Prediction: Clemson Tigers
Florida State vs. Clemson College Football Betting Score Prediction: Tigers 49, Seminoles 10