Following a disappointing 2018 season in which their offense sputtered Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio reshuffled the deck. He did not fire any assistants but reassigned them with new tasks. So far, the College Football betting results have not been much better beyond small margins. And the loss at Ohio State on Saturday night exposed a Spartans team that was outclassed. Michigan State lacked speed and athletes. Now comes a tough road matchup at the Wisconsin Badgers. The question is how the plodding Michigan State offense is going to score on the rock-ribbed Badger defense.
Michigan State Spartans vs. Wisconsin Badgers
|Date and Time:||Saturday, October 12, 2019, 3:30 p.m. ET|
|Location:||Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, Wisconsin|
|Michigan State vs. Wisconsin TV Coverage:||Check Listings|
Michigan State Spartans vs. Wisconsin Badgers Overview
Michigan State has a sports betting record of 4-2 straight up, 2-4 against the spread, with 3-3 on totals. Last week the Spartans were run off the field at Ohio State 34-10. Sparty ranks 80th in the nation for total offense and 22nd for defense.
By contrast, Wisconsin is 5-0 straight up, 4-1 vs. the odds, and 2-3 under the total. The Badgers annihilated Kent State last week 48-0. Overall the Wisconsin defense ranks first both for total and scoring defense. Offensively the Badgers rank 11th for scoring offense. UW boasts one of the top Heisman Trophy candidates in the country with Jonathan Taylor.
Key Spartans: QB Brian Lewerke (1543 YDS, 58.5% COMP, 7.2 AVG, 11 TD, 2 INT, 9 SACKS, 134.9 RTG), RB Elijah Collins (90 RSH, 476 YDS, 5.3 AVG, 3 TD), WR Darrell Stewart Jr (41 REC, 624 YDS, 15.2 AVG, 4 TD)
Key Badgers: QB Jack Coan (939 YDS, 75% COMP, 8.2 AVG, 7 TD, 1 INT, 162.3 RTG), RB Jonathan Taylor (103 RSH, 745 YDS, 7.2 AVG, 12 TD¬, WR Quintez Cephus (17 REC, 15.5 AVG, 2 TD)
Michigan State and Wisconsin vs. The Line
The Spartans are:
- 5-2 against the spread in their last seven away games
- 2-4 under the total on the road
- 6-3 on the board in their head to head series with Wisconsin
- 9-2-1 over the total in their series with the Badgers
- 4-1 vs. the odds on the road against Big Ten schools
- 3-4 under the total when visiting Big Ten opponents
The Badgers are:
- 3-7 against the spread in their last 10 games at Camp Randall Stadium
- 4-3 over the total in their last seven home games
- 2-3 vs. the odds when hosting Michigan State
- 5-1 over the total at home against the Spartans
- 2-4 on the board when hosting Big Ten opponents
- 8-5 over the total at Camp Randall Stadium against Big Ten teams
Michigan State Spartans vs. Wisconsin Badgers College Football Betting Picks
In this situation, we have two of the hardest hitting and nastiest defenses in the country. The College Football Betting difference should be the Wisconsin offense and Taylor. However, this is a big number that the Spartans should be able to hang within due to their defense. Additionally, Wisconsin has not been a good value at home.
Michigan State vs. Wisconsin College Football Betting Prediction: Michigan State Spartans
Michigan State vs. Wisconsin College Football Betting Score Prediction: Michigan State 20, Wisconsin 24